Saints to interview Brian Flores. (1 Viewer)

Oh no you didn't.

Please tell me that English is not your first language and your use of that phrase is just your lack of knowledge of the use of that phrase in the United States.
Im german and trying my best to express my thoughts in your language.

If this is a specific phrase referring to something Iam not aware of, I apologize

Im german and trying my best to express my thoughts in your language.

If this is a specific phrase referring to something Iam not aware of, I apologize

Fair enough. I thought that might be the case which is why I wanted you to explain. Just so you know, the phrase "colored people" was once used extensively in the U.S. but is now considered to be a pretty racist way to refer to people of color. The preferred usage now is either "black people", "people of color", or in some instances African American.

Edit: By the way, your English is amazingly good for someone that writes it as a second language. I couldn't tell that it wasn't your first language. I only suspected because your location was Germany.

Last edited:
Seriously, none of those candidates is more capable of being our HC than our very own Dennis Allen.

And all of them seem to be black coaches, which just might relate to the Rooney rule…

Not sure if its just the usually procedure you have to go through before naming your own guy HC
Jesus this is just ridiculous and condescending.

So we've gone overboard with the Rooney Rule by interviewing a bunch of black candidates?

Mrs. B is not that person. Sorry.

Okay, but if you think he's the next Mike Tomlin then wouldn't that mean that you think that in his case it did translate?
I think it did translate, I think the Dolphins front office did not like a man of color not backing down to them and standing firm in his beliefs so they got him out of there, but on the field that man of color lead other men of color to an 8-1 record down the stretch

I know its a pretty hot topic and people will read everything as they want to

I no way I disrespected the work those coaches do.

I do not care a single bit about color or heritage of any person in this world. The only thing that counts is their personality and what they are doing.

Still I believe that Allen is the best choice as he is familiar with our team culture, the way the Saints are built and working.

And this rule in my eyes doesn’t seem to account for equality for colored people. There shouldn’t be a need for a rule for this.
Every team should just hire the best guy (or girl) available! Period!

But I assume that it will still need a few more decades before humanity arrives at this stage of mind.
Or girl? You lost me there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom