Saints to meet Kenny Vaccaro on Tuesday (1 Viewer)

For all it's high draft pick failures in the NFL, UT has been a machine at producing great defensive backs for over a decade. Taking a UT defensive back is almost like money in the bank. And most of them don't go to VY's $300,000 b-day party.

Besides Earl Thomas and maybe Quentin Jammer and Michael Huff I don't know who else you would be referring to.

Reid is better than Vacarro and Cypien. Trade back, draft Reid late first round, use the newly acquired 2nd for the honey badger. Two playmakers in our secondary.

I am really feeling him but I think we need a CB or most importantly a olb

The cool part about vacarro is that he can cover slots.

Now the way the NFL if headed with all that passing the old traditional safeties (Roman Harper-esque) are becoming useless. Harp would be a HOFer if he were playing in the 80s/early 90s when teams pounded the rock. but now you need safeties that can cover WRs, RB,s TEs... offenses are getting too diverse for old school safeties.

I'm not advocating the pick because I still feel we need a bonafied OLB/Pas rusher. but a guy like vacarro wouldn't be a bad pick if we take him.

Trade back and grabbing Vaccarro, Cyprien, Reid or Elam is fine by me.../

Use the 2nd round pick to grab Jamie Collins

3rd rounder to get Branden Williams
3rd from Ivory trade to pick up Tyrann Mathieu
4th Christian Michael, our back of the future
5th Jordan Mills OT
6th QB prospect..

Championship

I've got to be the only person who isn't real impressed with Vacarro. I know what all the scouting reports say but the DB's were the only group I followed in the Combine and I didn't see anything special, or anything that would justify the 15th pick. He's good, I'm not sure if he's head & shoulders above someone like Elam. I could be wrong....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom