Saints to Release Latavius Murray (1 Viewer)

Bit of a surprise given we are so close to the start of the season. My guess is they needed $ freed up to sign Trufant? IDK. I would have hard feelings if I were him unless there us something else going on.

Seems like a dbag move by the Saints to cut him now.
He’ll get on with another team. But they did ask him to take less for a lesser role.

I’d rather us play the best players for the scheme. Better to do it now and let him have a choice where he goes than a situation where we had to trade Peterson once we saw how great Kamara was in the system.

I’m fine with the team looking out for their best interests, I’m also pro the player looking out for their best interest. Cutting him now as opposed to earlier in the offseason (when more options are on the table for both parties) just seems like a bad move.

So who’s gonna be the power back?
Tony Jones Jr.

Kamara also looks like he’ll be used as a complete workhorse on the ground. That’s very much needed given the uncertainty at WR and TE after Thomas and Callaway. We arguably have the best offensive playmaker in the league so might as well feature him in every way.

If guys like Lev Bell, Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson and Frank Gore are still free agents, then I don’t see Murray being signed by anyone anytime soon after refusing a pay cut. Can’t see how he signs with another team for the same salary paycut he was asked to take here, plus showing decline at 31 years old.
Wow! I didn’t realize those guys, especially Bell, are all free agents.

That group was a fantasy football dream not too many years ago

There is so much we don't see that happens in practice. All we really saw was two preseason games and he did not perform like he has in the past. Whats been going on in practice since that preseason game weeks ago? Perhaps Washington has also been looking better than Murray in practice.

I feel bad about the timing but surely he and his agent had some clue that something might be up.

- salary cap strapped
- needs in other areas
- got outplayed in the pre-season

If this move came as a total surprise then he needs to consider a new agent

I wish him well… and I appreciate what he gave to the Saints during his time with them. He was a very good backup RB and when AK couldn’t go, Tay-Train did really well.

I hope he lands on his feet with another team and doesn’t get a revenge game.

He’s better “right now” than Lev Bell, All Day, Frank Gore, and Gurley.

I can't find what Murray was owed for this year, but whatever it was... he felt he deserved it rather than taking a pay cut. I commend him for that. You believe in your worth.

At the same time I fully understand the Saints' move to release him for not accepting the pay cut. You have a business to run, and if you don't feel a person on your payroll is worth the money that they are owed you first ask them if they'd take a pay cut. He refused. You as a business have the right to move on.

I wish Murray luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom