Saints to Release Latavius Murray (1 Viewer)

Love Murray as a person and am grateful for his contributions the past few seasons. But I didn't have a bunch of interest in seeing him as a Saints RB this year. Cost aside, he just looked spent, and he honestly looked like he was tailing off last season. He really relied on the OL creating craters for him to be productive...he rarely made his own play. For as big as he is...he doesn't break tackles. If he was currently on the Saints roster, I'm not sure I'd ever want him seeing the field unless either Kamara or TJJ were out or winded. You don't keep a 31 year old third string RB for $3 million on your roster as an insurance policy.

Wonder if this means TH gets more looks at RB. Maybe in short yardage situations. Does TH become our "bruiser?"

Whatever. At worst, he was an extremely serviceable backup. Hard to imagine you would pick up someone for that role and expect better than a 4.5 yard average. Having said that, I’m all in on rolling with the youth.
I agree. I'm willing to trust SP, But I hear where your coming from

I was just sitting here reading the messages and wondered how many times did Drew Brees take a pay cut to help the team.

Unfortunately, I watched LM not seem to run as hard as he had in the past. Maybe he had already seen the writing on the wall as to what his true chances were and didn't give it his all.

Giving your all is what differentiates the champions from the mundane.

The next few days and weeks will tell what LM's real value is in the league.

I'm sure, in the end, he'll make the best decision for his career.

We are thankful for the hard work and professionalism he has displayed over the last 2 years with us but all good things do eventually come to an end.

It sickens me have to read the reactions by the media that try to paint the Saints as villains in the matter when it seems obvious to me they gave LM every opportunity to perform this offseason.

That's makes me very sad.
Football is a rough sport on & off the field. I just hope that the logistics of the Saints' 'tactic' is understood by all... though I seriously doubt it.

Football is a rough sport on & off the field. I just hope that the logistics of the Saints' 'tactic' is understood by all... though I seriously doubt it.
True. You are right...

But I was referring to Sharpe not liking us. The idea of him not liking us make me so sad. Being sarcastic.

There is no dirty in the NFL. There is only business. Any player or coach thinking otherwise is delusional about what the league and America are.
Sentimentality is for college. The NFL, leverage is leverage. You either have it, or you don't. You better use it, because they will. When they have it. (Business)

Not surprised. RBs might be the position with the steepest drop off once their body starts getting worn down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom