Saints to Release Latavius Murray (1 Viewer)

He was the total opposite of what you just described.

Murray was a solid #2 back to the style of Kamara, Murray complimented him well. In short yardage a back that is 6"3 225lbs is not falling backwards, Murray consistently fell forward and had the speed to break off a few long runs.

Jones Jr has that Pierre Thomas feel and could be what Pierre was to Bush as a back that can run, catch and protect and take on a role as a rusher to give Kamara a rest and exploit more of his overall ability.

Necessary move but Murray did produce. Jones just got promoted and he looks to be a good addition to offense because he fits a position that's been carved out already.
Notice I said that I thought he should have been used more the last two years. I thought he had value, and was a good back. I was a fan of bringing him in. BUT he did not look like himself in preseason and for that, I figured age had caught up with him and it was time to move on. And maybe it was a balance thing, but if someone reached out with one hand, he was gonna get tripped up. Now give him a crease, and he had the speed to break it, that's why I thought he should have been used more, he's the kind of back that needs more opportunities. He'll give you several short runs, and then break a long one if you keep feeding him. I just didn't see the burst in preseason. He looked slow. After watching him play in Baltimore, it may be that he just wasn't giving his best effort in preseason. Either way, I like moving on from old players when I have a younger, cheaper alternative. I'm kinda like Bellicheck in that regard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom