Saints to sign Junior Galette soon? (1 Viewer)

Good move if we do sign him. Say he has a good 11 sack season (which is possible) he would look for top $$$ next season.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If he gets a long-term deal (> one year), it will most likely be for less than his RFA tender to save money against the cap.

I hope we do the same thing with DLP.

I disagree. He wouldn't sign it if it were for less than his likely second round level tender. I'd think it is SLIGHTLY more than the second round tender amount of $2.02m at a maximum of two years. And if it was for more than two years at that rate, we're getting a steal.

I doubt he'd be this excited about a mere tender offer nor do I think his agent would advice him to "sign" his tender thelp second he gets it without at least testing the market. I'm guessing this is a 2-yr deal worth between $4.5 and $5m, a "prove it" type deal.

Maybe, if the money is minimal and the incentives are there if he improves. Let's not forget he is a specialty player at best and has only proved
that hi closing speed is weak, he can't get off of blocks but he is fast off the ball and has a nack for pass rushing.

I disagree. He wouldn't sign it if it were for less than his likely second round level tender. I'd think it is SLIGHTLY more than the second round tender amount of $2.02m at a maximum of two years. And if it was for more than two years at that rate, we're getting a steal.

Your assumption of tendering Galette at the 2nd round level is interesting to me. I would not expect that high of a tender for Galette but I may be wrong (Cam Jordan, our best defensive player will have a cap number of $2.1 this year).

Also, you are taking a players view on this subject. "He wouldn't sign it...". IMO, Galette has not done enough to demand anything. Yes, he has potential but is unproven on the field. I think Loomis takes a different approach and either he signs the long-term deal that I put in from of him or signs the tender. Net Result =your still a Saint.

From a business stand point it makes little sense to offer Galette a long-term deal higher than his tender offer (especially considering or cap issue). Keep in mind that players want security so the long-term deal is more attractive than a 1 year tender.

And another intriguing and vague tweet from Junior a few minutes ago. Again, could be talking about a new deal, could be referring to what he's having for dinner.

JUNIOR GALETTE ‏@JuniorG93
What's up #Whodatnation Big Day Today! I'm gone Leave it in God's Hands #WhoDat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom