Saints to sign Mario Edwards (1 Viewer)

If the season started today, I think our D-line would look like this. We're still missing some pieces at the moment.

Cam----------------Cam
Rankins------------Edwards ( then eventually Onyemata... then eventually Rankins)
Davison------------Brown
Okafor--------------Davenport
Davenport---------???
Onyemata---------??? (then eventually Edwards... then eventually Onyemata)
Stallworth----------???
Hendrickson------Hendrickson or ???

Surely Stallworth is still Stallworth in that breakdown?

Edward's seem more athletic than a traditional 1 tech. I think we play him at 3 tech. Imo, we wouldn't sign two more 1 techs with Taylor stallworth on the roster. That wouldn't make sense. We need somebody to back up Rankins and play until Onyemata gets off his suspension. Hence the Edward's signing. He's 280lbs bro

Edwards is not a 1-tech.
Surely Stallworth is still Stallworth in that breakdown?

that's right. fixed it.

Great move! Coupled w/the addition of Malcom Brown, our IDL will be in good shape. Then when Rankins returns, they'll be great.

Edward's seem more athletic than a traditional 1 tech. I think we play him at 3 tech. Imo, we wouldn't sign two more 1 techs with Taylor stallworth on the roster. That wouldn't make sense. We need somebody to back up Rankins and play until Onyemata gets off his suspension. Hence the Edward's signing. He's 280lbs bro
I respect your argument bud and love constructive criticism where we can argue and not want to kill one another like the political views these days but I will say if Mario is 280 then my 180 rump is 250 lol. When fsu won the natty he had Jeremy Pruitt as his d coordinator and he got the best of the best out of Mario and after that season he left he had Charles kelly and went a lil lazy in my opinion and Pruitt was a Payton compared to kelly being a bum Phillips. I believe Mario will love being on a winner and the locker room will be infectious and he will play his heart out for us and we will be happy we signed him at.

I respect your argument bud and love constructive criticism where we can argue and not want to kill one another like the political views these days but I will say if Mario is 280 then my 180 rump is 250 lol. When fsu won the natty he had Jeremy Pruitt as his d coordinator and he got the best of the best out of Mario and after that season he left he had Charles kelly and went a lil lazy in my opinion and Pruitt was a Payton compared to kelly being a bum Phillips. I believe Mario will love being on a winner and the locker room will be infectious and he will play his heart out for us and we will be happy we signed him at.
Just in watching his highlights he seems like a guy who can play both. I can't imagine we went out and spent money on two run stuffers. That would give us 3 on the roster. Maybe you're right.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/15/saints-mario-edwards-jr-giants-raiders-things-to-know/

Depending on the roster you check, Edwards will be listed as either a defensive end, a defensive tackle, or just a defensive lineman. That’s because he’s found ways to win at each of those positions in his NFL career, lining up at defensive end in the Raiders’ 3-4 defense and moving to defensive tackle in the Giants’ 4-3 look. Whether he’s rushing against a left tackle’s outside shoulder or shooting the gap between center and guard, Edwards is something of a mismatch along the line.

I'm sure they will add some more depth at WR before, during, or after the draft. But, I wonder if they want to see if Cam Meredith and/or Dez Bryant are healthy before committing a bunch of money to a #2 receiver. If one of those two is healthy (and they can resign Bryant), with Ginn healthy and Smith having another year to improve, we might be fine at WR.

TE and young offensive line depth seem more pressing right now.
This! With our backup going to visit Carolina, and Cook allegedly having full intention of signing here, this almost puts OL in the target spot for round 2. There will be WR FA's available around OTA time and we can always find a gem in the UDFA group. One of these guys on our WR group will step up, there's stiff competition in that 2nd group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom