Saints to work out former LSU Safety Chad Jones MERGED (1 Viewer)

Sweet. I wish him the best of luck. If he could get back to form he would make an excellent backup at worst

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear it. I still think he should go to the MLB and be middle relief because it would promise a longer career for him and he has (had?) some wicked pitches, but I wish him great success in his NFL bid. It would be awesome if he could overcome those horrifying injuries to become a star player wearing a Saints uni.

Anybody that can recover from an injury like that deserves a workout. You have no idea the mental fortitude it takes to persevere through something like that.

The only question now is can he physically play the game of football?

Even if he doesn't eventually make the team, I'm all about giving him a shot! He's been through a Loy but persevered through it. He has an incredible work ethic! Good luck CJ!

If he impresses at the workout, I see no reason against bringing him to camp. Like Marques Clark last year, the Saints have shown they're willing to give longshots a chance. That being said, I have a hard time imagining that Jones can physically take the NFL at this point.

Positive is last I heard all foreign objects(metal screw, etc.)were removed from his leg. At the NFL combine, he ran 4.5 forty. Approximately a year or so ago(maybe longer) he ran a 4.8 forty. Within recent months, I heard he was back around 4.6 forty which is not bad for a safety. His recovery is unprecedented, and I sincerely hopes he gets to play safety in the NFL.

Hope he does well, it would be a very good story.

Positive is last I heard all foreign objects(metal screw, etc.)were removed from his leg. At the NFL combine, he ran 4.5 forty. Approximately a year or so ago(maybe longer) he ran a 4.8 forty. Within recent months, I heard he was back around 4.6 forty which is not bad for a safety. His recovery is unprecedented, and I sincerely hopes he gets to play safety in the NFL.

Well that makes him twice as fast as roman harper :ezbill:

is he eligible for the practice squad if he still,needs more time?
its kind of a gray area, don't know all the rules for PS.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom