Saints took a look at Sanders Commings at UGA pro day (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
NFL Draft 2013: Saints Visit With Sanders Commings at Georgia Pro Day

A player that was reported as being scouted by the Saints at UGA's Pro Day according to WalterFootball.com is cornerback Sanders Commings. Though not a name that some might expect to be highlighted alongside Jones, linebacker Alec Ogletree, and safety Bacarri Rambo, Commings did just that for the Saints.

The one thing that stands out for Commings is his size. At 6'2" and 216 lbs., he still managed to run a 4.41 40 yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine allowing him to keep up with receivers but has the ability to be physical with them as well. Commings registered eight interceptions and 14 pass break ups while at Georgia.

NFL Draft 2013: Saints Visit With Sanders Commings at Georgia Pro Day - Canal Street Chronicles

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

I have been watching the pro days, amazing how fast some of these UDFA are

NFL Draft 2013: Saints Visit With Sanders Commings at Georgia Pro Day

A player that was reported as being scouted by the Saints at UGA's Pro Day according to WalterFootball.com is cornerback Sanders Commings. Though not a name that some might expect to be highlighted alongside Jones, linebacker Alec Ogletree, and safety Bacarri Rambo, Commings did just that for the Saints.

The one thing that stands out for Commings is his size. At 6'2" and 216 lbs., he still managed to run a 4.41 40 yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine allowing him to keep up with receivers but has the ability to be physical with them as well. Commings registered eight interceptions and 14 pass break ups while at Georgia.

NFL Draft 2013: Saints Visit With Sanders Commings at Georgia Pro Day - Canal Street Chronicles

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

Yes..this kind of signifies the boundary/field corner coverage we'll be running. It also continues to address the need to get bigger @ Corner.

Sanders Cummings if we get him under Nnamdi for a year or 2 could be awesome. I like him as a prospect and looked him up not to long ago. Would be happy to nab him in the 4th or 5th.

Did we meet with anyone else at Georgia's pro day?

I know about JJ, but did we meet with anyone else?

Did we meet with anyone else at Georgia's pro day?

I know about JJ, but did we meet with anyone else?

Not according to Walterfootball, just Commings and Jarvis Jones is listed as a private meeting... :scratch:

Commings is the player that impressed me the most watching the Bulldogs defense. My biggest concern on him was speed, not because he looked slow on tape but because of his size but he sure answered that question at the combine. Those types of measurements are near Patrick Peterson.

Yes..this kind of signifies the boundary/field corner coverage we'll be running. It also continues to address the need to get bigger @ Corner.

Sanders Cummings if we get him under Nnamdi for a year or 2 could be awesome. I like him as a prospect and looked him up not to long ago. Would be happy to nab him in the 4th or 5th.

Good point. Commings had the smaller side of the field most plays for the Dawgs, but this means he was almost always on the island by himself. He acquitted himself nicely there. His stats, much like the rest of the UGA defense this side of Jarvis, do not really match his physical talents, so I wonder where that disconnect is. But he is a worthwhile prospect to consider, even if I am a tad bit on the homer side.

How fluid is he? I know he has great straight line speed but how quick is he able to turn out of his backpedal and change direction?

He's not 6"2 he is only 5"11 and I dont like him has no ball skills

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom