Saints Top 10 Big Board (1 Viewer)

We dont usually draft tweeners ad DE, do we? Smith is only 240 pounds. Our de's are usually 260-280 pounds.
Although Allen did draft Khalil Mack to play stand up lber in a 4-3 front. Maybe they start looking for other traits than prototypical size (neither Turner nor Davenport developped or have developped as hoped).

Although Allen did draft Khalil Mack to play stand up lber in a 4-3 front. Maybe they start looking for other traits than prototypical size (neither Turner nor Davenport developped or have developped as hoped).
I'm not particularly optimistic about Turner but we shouldn't count him out yet. If he isn't on the field opening day it's time to get back to the drawing board. That DL is looking shaky.

Assuming no trade up and knowing that they value players in clouds, I would see these ten as the most likely to make it to us and be valued by the Saints

Myles Murphy DE
Bryan Bresee DT
Brian Branch S
Joey Porter Jr. CB
Calijah Kancey DT
Deonte Banks CB
Nolan Smith DE
Bijan Robinson RB
Michael Mayer TE
Cam Smith CB

Now that would be something. The Saints offense was HORRIBLE last year and the defense in the top 5. But yet the top 7 on the "Big Board" are defensive players. SMMFH

Now that would be something. The Saints offense was HORRIBLE last year and the defense in the top 5. But yet the top 7 on the "Big Board" are defensive players. SMMFH

The Saints draft with a focus on BPA influenced by needs. Loomis talked extensively about it and their big board is bubbles, they don't grade players 1-224 in the draft. They will put a few players together they feel have equal value for pick #29 and then see if any of them fill a need. If none of them fill a need then they'll pick the player they feel could fill a soon-to-be need.

For example, Alontae Taylor. 90% of this forum lost its collective mind when he was picked. He didn't fill a current need. He was joining a loaded secondary.

Oh look, CJGJ being a butthole. Oh look, injuries.

Taylor steps up, plays at the level of a $15m/yr CB, except he's doing it on a rookie contract that will pay him less than half that in total.

Assuming no trade up and knowing that they value players in clouds, I would see these ten as the most likely to make it to us and be valued by the Saints

Myles Murphy DE
Bryan Bresee DT
Brian Branch S
Joey Porter Jr. CB
Calijah Kancey DT
Deonte Banks CB
Nolan Smith DE
Bijan Robinson RB
Michael Mayer TE
Cam Smith CB

If Calijah Kancey makes it to us, I will run around in public with my underwear on my head.

I like Nolan Smith a lot but he's much more of a 3-4 DE being as to how he is only 220 lbs. Although crazy enough he plays strong and isn't to bad in the run game, even being that small.

He just screams 34 scheme to me
I will be ecstatic bc of his potential and raw tools but, I just don't think he's the prototypical DE that the Saints go for.

Breese could be there, and if we could get Freshman Bresee I'm totally down but the rest of his tape after his freshman year is rather average tbh

Mayer may be the best overall TE in this draft, although Dalton Kincaid is my favorite and probably the best overall receiving TE. Dude runs routes like a WR, and he plays with a ton of grit

I love Banks, idk if he makes it to us but if he does I wouldn't mind it. Being as to how the Saints normally draft BPA

Believe it or not, I think that it's a good possibility the Saints could go WR again in back to back drafts.
Don't sleep on my man Zay Flowers! Zay would be a top 10-15 draft pick if he was 2-3 inches taller, that's how good he is. The Saints would automatically have the most exciting/youngest, maybe even best receiving Corp in the NFL with the addition of Flowers (who can play slot).

Anyway I'm rambling, I generally like your list. I figured I would give my opinion on it!

All Love!

Exactly. I hope we don't draft any more "freakish projects" like Turner and Davenport. Just good football players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom