Saints top 10 Defense in 08 If ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Im going to share my opinion on what would make our Defense realistically a top 10 D.
Feel free to create your own senerios.

1.Trade for Pacman give up our 5th rounder and close the deal. NE gave up a 4th for Moss we can take a risk with a 5th. Last year we cut our 4th round pick after preseason so I mean really.

2. Draft DRC at #10 with Pacman in place im ok with drafting a DB here. USC LB Rivers would not make me sad however. {Rivers, Fu Master and Vilma sounds nice}.

3. Round 2 draft OLB Quinten Groves Auburn. Now Quinten, Fu Master and Vilma does sound nice to me as well.

So my senerio is......

Kaesviharn, Harper ...... Bench Bullocks

McKenzie, Jones, DRC, Young, Gay, David, at DB

Smith, Thomas,Young ,Grant on the DL

Fujita, Vilma, Groves LB

Last edited:
I disagree....

We become a top 10 defense if:

1. Grant and Smith lose some weight and become more consistent pass rushers

2. Vilma(likely) and Morgan(not likely) stay healthy

3. We draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey in the first round!

4. Mike McKenzie comes back healthy(hopefully no later than PUP'd until week 6)

I think provided we add a playmaker or two in the draft and we stay healthy, we can be close.

If Pacman comes off suspension, he will be playing for the Cowboys.

Maybe so, I can't guarantee who Saints will Draft neither but this is my way of creating at least on paper a better Defense.

Moss wanted Green Bay remember?

I think we should get Pacman it's more of a reward than risk...
Mckenzie, Pacman, DRC, Gay, Young, and David
with them DBs I wouldn't mind playing the Pats in the Superbowl

Unless our safety play improves leaps and bounds.... we have 0 shot of having a 10 overall defense.

I disagree....

We become a top 10 defense if:

1. Grant and Smith lose some weight and become more consistent pass rushers

2. Vilma(likely) and Morgan(not likely) stay healthy

3. We draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey in the first round!

4. Mike McKenzie comes back healthy(hopefully no later than PUP'd until week 6)

I agree with all of those, and will add:

5. Draft Tracy Porter in the second round
6. Since Morgan probably won't be healthy, draft a WLB in the third (assuming we don't give it up to make #3 happen).

Im going to share my opinion on what would make our Defense realistically a top 10 D.
Feel free to create your own senerios.

1.Trade for Pacman give up our 5th rounder and close the deal. NE gave up a 4th for Moss we can take a risk with a 5th. Last year we cut our 4th round pick after preseason so I mean really.

2. Draft DRC at #10 with Pacman in place im ok with drafting a DB here. USC LB Rivers would not make me sad however. {Rivers, Fu Master and Vilma sounds nice}.

3. Round 2 draft OLB Quinten Groves Auburn. Now Quinten, Fu Master and Vilma does sound nice to me as well.

So my senerio is......

Kaesviharn, Harper ...... Bench Bullocks

McKenzie, Jones, DRC, Young, David, Craft at DB

Smith, Thomas,Young ,Grant on the DL

Fujita, Vilma, Groves LB

I honestly believe you are underrating the Vilma pickup and how bad our DE played last year. If Vilma is indeed healthy and our DE's play like they're supposed to, we can be a top 10 defense. A strong draft just further pushes us up the defensive rankings.

If Morgan stays healthy, a long shot, along with Vilma, the sky is the limit for our defense. It's been so long since we've had a good LBing corps, I think some people have forgotten how big a difference they make.

We don't need to waste picks on Pac Man and DRC. I wouldn't mind DRC, but we've already had like ten thousand threads on what a bad idea it would be to bring Pac Man into New Orleans because of all the strip clubs. No, they aren't illegal, but if he had half of a brain he would stay out of them. No thanks to Pac Man, and I'll take DRC ONLY if Dorsey or Ellis don't slide.

the only way the D can be in the top ten. We got to get Dorsey or Ellis. A pass rush will make everything else better.

No matter who we add we won't have a top 10 defense. There is a big difference between having a good defense and a good roster on defense. The chemistry needed on defense won't be aquired in one off season.

the only way the D can be in the top ten. We got to get Dorsey or Ellis. A pass rush will make everything else better.

Out of everything I've heard, this makes the most sense. I know Jason David looked horrible last year, but Bullocks needs a road map to be in the right spot to help, and he always forgets that at home. So a better pass rush will cover alot of DB's mistakes. And Dorsey or Ellis will free up our DE's.

Especially Dorsey. He'll get the doubleteam every time, and Will Smith and Grant will go nuts. Hopefully Grant will. He didn't show up last season.

The Cowboys have already offered their 5th according to the NFL Network, Titans are asking for a 3rd.

We don't need to waste picks on Pac Man and DRC. I wouldn't mind DRC, but we've already had like ten thousand threads on what a bad idea it would be to bring Pac Man into New Orleans because of all the strip clubs. No, they aren't illegal, but if he had half of a brain he would stay out of them. No thanks to Pac Man, and I'll take DRC ONLY if Dorsey or Ellis don't slide.

And some people call Dallas the strip club capitol of the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom