Saints Saints top rookie after 1st Quarter of the season? (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Who would you consider to be the top rookie performer for the Saints after the 1st quarter of the season? Following an unprecedented offseason, rookies league-wide have been affected, but for the Saints (with no OTAs) it’s been even more impactful.

In my opinion, I’d have to go with UDFA DT Malcolm Roach. His stats aren’t that great, but he’s been a steady performer... and I see nice upside there.
Ruiz would be a close 2nd, but he missed some time with an injury... Trautman hasn’t been a factor as of yet... same for Baun (more so).

Too early to tell but I would say roach or Ruiz at this point.

Too early to tell but I would say roach or Ruiz at this point.
As of right now, I would certainly say one of those guys simply based on playing time. Trautman has 3 receptions up to this point and Baun has one tackle.

I do agree that it is way early to make a call on the rookies. We'll have to let the season progress to see how these guys move forward.

Thus far, I think I'd have to go with Roach. He's played a lot of meaningful snaps and been a factor in more games at this point. If Ruiz ends up being a full time starter this season, I'm sure I'll change my answer, but through four games, it's Roach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom