Saints trade CJGJ to Philly (3 Viewers)

I think it’s too quick to say we are a middle pack defence and even quicker to say bottom 3 if we lose to Tampa.

It’s like we forget how historically slow our defence has been the last 6 years. Always, always has been that way with the slow starts.
Plus defenses league wide start out slow. The first few weeks of the season the league is littered with shoot outs. The pundits always say how the offenses are really exploding.

Then come late October early November the defenses dramatically tighten up.

CGJG wouldn’t have changed what happened Sunday. Evans played very well.

It’s a completely different offense. Check what happened against Philly the last couple games. We need to fix our approach to those types of attacks, it has nothing to do with CJGJ playing.
Yeah I think pretty much any NFL defense would of given up a healthy amount of Rushing yards against Atlanta.

The key is limiting TDs and passing yards. It seems also later in the game particularly by late 3rd quarter Atlanta struggled in the ground game. Thier offense became very predictable. Only so many different ways to run a ball.

CJGJ is the type of player that home team fans love but cant be bothered with when he’s gone. As a Saint, I could look past his childish antics bc the man(child) delivered on the field. I was definitely disappointed to learn of his “give away” while watching the game last week but I trust the team’s decision to move on from him as well. For our sakes, we better light up that eagles secondary in Jan or we’ll never hear the end of it.

Marcus would have had one for the Saints if he was still here. With all of the insanity going on in the final minute, the ball going right through Maye's breadbasket on Atlanta's final drive sent me through the roof. I can't think of a season opener that shortened more of my life - this even beat that nuts opener against Tampa in 2002.
To be fair there also could have been a Minny miracle type of play. They both had missed opportunities. Thankfully Maye's was just a dropped INT that didn't cost us the game. He will make his plays soon enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom