Saints trade for Kiko Alonso (3 Viewers)

Thanks again miss Smalley. I shall try to remember this as well. Spelling, grammar, and intent make the post! This is good stuff.
Spelling, grammar, and intent certainly don't hurt. What I was referring to, however, was your attitude. If you'd try to sound less like a braggadocious jerk, you'd find that people would interact with you with more tact while taking your arguments more seriously.

Spelling, grammar, and intent certainly don't hurt. What I was referring to, however, was your attitude. If you'd try to sound less like a braggadocious jerk, you'd find that people would interact with you with more tact while taking your arguments more seriously.
Hey thank you so much. Once again, i appreciate your thoughtfulness in teaching me how to be a more graceful poster. The love on this forum is more than I can bare some times.

This is going to be one hilarious thread to bump in about 2 months....

Stop reading PFF, Ill-Informed Opinion articles, and listening to what your super depressed buddy in South Florida has to say about this guy... and go watch some video or DVR'd games he's played in...

The guy is a very talented LB with Pro-Bowl written all over him in the correct scheme/usage.... a "beast" of a physical presence... and has a nose for being around and getting the ball out....

He's also likely the 2nd best LB on the team the minute he walks through the door.

The only potential issues that don't make this a slam dunk are... Fit... and Injury. That's it.

I have seen a lot of him play... the word that comes to mind is... "spark plug" type player....

**NSFW Lanuage Warning in Vids...

Last edited:
Lots of assumption. No different then mine. Both ignorant of the facts and future. Just a simple opinion based on a small amount of research. Hope he's great.
False.

I've posted facts in many of my posts. I am ignorant of the future. But it was simple minded opinion that any research would have shown you was a bad one.

Just saying, it doesn't take a lot of effort to do better.

What other measureables can we use besides statistics? Because as I showed previously in this thread, in every stat but sacks, his yearly average over their careers is better than Demario's. And it's not because he had one or two fluky high years that covered up lesser years, rather one fluky low year and the rest have been great..

So I guess we'll just agree to disagree on the idea that "it's not even close".
The game film is what matters. Tackling stats mean nothing.

But since you want a stat, here are their PFF grades for 2018.

Demario Davis: 75.4
Alex Anzalone: 71.8
AJ Klein: 69.7
Kiko Alonso: 49.7

What’s the point of a post like this? You don’t actually know so it’s pure speculation - and for what? If you’re wrong, you’re just a negative know-nothing who didn’t see the value in a guy that’s gonna be wearing a Saints uniform. If you’re right, it still sucks because it means he isn’t working out - and nobody is going to care that “you called it”, so what?

Just seems like a losing proposition either way.
Umm isn't this whole thing speculation. I used the term "seemed".I didn't say he is Malignant or that he sucks.
I. Me. Didn't like the way he approached the press conference. I've seen"great", players who aren't team players. Maybe he is. Maybe he's coming out of a bad situation. That's great. But that was not the press conference of a leader coming into this team. And as a leader he's exposed to my opinions. And I will do them with as much self awareness as possible. I know we don't know. Hence why we get to come in this forum and offer opinions and discuss our thoughts
Let me ask what the heck was the point of your post? Yes I know it was not the most positive post. Gawd dog. If your not pumping sunshine your condemned.

The game film is what matters. And it shows he's a stud. You know what else matters. Take-aways. And he's been really good at forcing those. Something DD nor any of our other linebackers have not done well.

You can take those PFF grades and print them out on toilet paper because that's all they're good for.

Sorry. PFF doesn't mean jack. He probably hit Tom Brady too hard one game and they're still holding a grudge.

Not saying you’re wrong but PFF is very biased and has been said on multiple accounts that coaches and NFL personnel don’t even care what pff says when they are deciding to draft or sign a player

The game film is what matters. And it shows he's a stud. You know what else matters. Take-aways. And he's been really good at forcing those. Something DD nor any of our other linebackers have not done well.

You can take those PFF grades and print them out on toilet paper because that's all they're good for.

Sorry. PFF doesn't mean jack. He probably hit Tom Brady too hard one game and they're still holding a grudge.
If the PFF grade is so worthless, why bring up an even more worthless stat (tackles). Literally the only point you make with your stats is that he seems to have a knack for getting takeaways. That's a good quality and might earn him some snaps at SAM.

Not saying you’re wrong but PFF is very biased and has been said on multiple accounts that coaches and NFL personnel don’t even care what pff says when they are deciding to draft or sign a player
It's not the end all, be all. But anything is better than tackling stats.

I. Me. Didn't like the way he approached the press conference. I've seen"great", players who aren't team players. Maybe he is. Maybe he's coming out of a bad situation. That's great. But that was not the press conference of a leader coming into this team.

Just trying to provide some context here. I’ve been around him in these group interview settings and also seen him in more individual settings.

These group settings are tough for a lot of people. It’s contrived. And he’s definitely a man of few words in this setting.

With that said, it’s not a reflection on him being a bad locker room guy. I think he’d be a fine leader, but we’re not asking him to do that anyway.

In the role we’re asking him to play, he’s a fantastic fit.

How well a guy like Alonzo plays really depends on the role he’s asked to play. If you’re asking him to cover 1 on 1 against an elite pass catching RB out of the backfield, he’s going to lose that battle 9 out of 10 times. Most linebackers in the league would too. Things like the effectiveness of blitzing depends on scheme, talent, and play call.

While he is opportunistic, He’s not a playmaker like the top linebackers in the league and this is what Miami and their fans were hoping for when they acquired him. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t a quality player. His expectations and role here will be way different from what it was in Miami. He’ll have a package that will suite his strength and he’ll only be asked to do what he’s capable of and that’s all this team needs.

Umm isn't this whole thing speculation. I used the term "seemed".I didn't say he is Malignant or that he sucks.
I. Me. Didn't like the way he approached the press conference. I've seen"great", players who aren't team players. Maybe he is. Maybe he's coming out of a bad situation. That's great. But that was not the press conference of a leader coming into this team. And as a leader he's exposed to my opinions. And I will do them with as much self awareness as possible. I know we don't know. Hence why we get to come in this forum and offer opinions and discuss our thoughts
Let me ask what the heck was the point of your post? Yes I know it was not the most positive post. Gawd dog. If your not pumping sunshine your condemned.

Not the most positive post? You said our new acquisition has a “malignant quality” and “will not fit in” - you can pretend all you want but it’s not some kind of fair opinion to say a player is like a disease and will not succeed for us. If anything is a condemnation, it’s that. You’re condemning a Saints player who hasn’t set foot on the field for us yet - which I just don’t get. That was the point of my post - to say that.

Traded 3 times in his career. Openly admits to"asking for a trade", he has malignant quality. Not holding out hope. He doesn't have the same mentality as our defense. He will not fit in.

That may be premature and a bit unfair considering the teams he's played for. The Bills have been a dysfunctional organization for far more years than they haven't been. Then he was traded and landed in the dumpster fire that was the Eagles under Chip Kelly...……………..then traded to another dumpster fire in Miami. You really can't blame him for wanting out of Miami. He's always been forced to be the best player on bad defenses and that won't be the case here with the talent the Saints have.

If he can just come in and contribute he'll be fine and he'll be a better player for it. This is by far the best team he's ever been on.

If the PFF grade is so worthless, why bring up an even more worthless stat (tackles). Literally the only point you make with your stats is that he seems to have a knack for getting takeaways. That's a good quality and might earn him some snaps at SAM.
Sorry. But saying tackling stats are worthless for a LB is like saying rushing yards are a worthless stat for a RB. It's the job of the position. To tackle. What else is there? Passes defensed, Takeaways and Sacks. Maybe tackles for loss?

In 2 of those 3 he's better than DD. In TFL, Davis has 49 over 7 seasons, and Kiko has 27 in 4.5 seasons. Average that out and it's not far off.

Davis might be better, but it's not by a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom