Saints Trade Ideas for #85 (1 Viewer)

This is a novel idea, but the Saints cannot afford it.

The Saints already have Colston who is going to get paid 6 million a year and Meachem who is a 1st round pick. Johnson would simply be too much of an investment at one position.

first of all, trading for cj has absolutely no bearing on the draft or FA signings... i'd be delirious if cincy would take next year's 2nd rounder for him, and i'd love to see him, colston, and meachem on the field at the same time, along with bush... we could still draft D or sign mostly D players in FA

I would throw a 3rd rounder and a backup player in a second.

3rd rounder + Devery Henderson = Chad Johnson (of course we'd have to do this before we lose rights to DH)

posted elsewhere but relevant:

I believe a bona fide Offensive Coordinator should be a high priority.

If Sean puts more of his attention on the defense (thereby being a real HC not just an offensive genius) then I think there will be a big improvement.

I wonder if Brian would be interested in jumping back in as an OC?

Having Drew, Marques and Reggie as 'toys' should be enough to attract most any offensive guru.

And yes I believe that Sean is an offensive guru, it's just that I think by devoting so much to being that man, with play calling duties and all else involved, that Sean is part of why our defense has been so suspect.

I'm not sold on Gibbs as a D-Co, but having more coaching from Sean would probably help us on D.

How old is he again? I don't know what Cincinnati needs but after the year Will Smith had last year I am wondering if he shouldn't be trade bait. But it would have to end up in us getting Ellis AND someone young to replace Smith. Unless Smith can trim down for his new coach and can be counted on to be a force then keep him. His contract means sign him or franchise him though right?

It comes down to what does Cinci need?. I like Chad Johnson and have heard him on Sirrius a bunch. A bit goofy at times but a nice and decent guy if you ask me. I would definitely NOT have a problem with him on the team. Assuming Meacham is the real deal we would have 3 HUGE stud WR's. I guess that can't be a bad thing.

He will probably go to Miami.

OCHOOOOOOOOO CINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this could be paytons offensive man crush for FA/draft so we can go all defense the rest of the time

How old is he again? I don't know what Cincinnati needs but after the year Will Smith had last year I am wondering if he shouldn't be trade bait. But it would have to end up in us getting Ellis AND someone young to replace Smith. Unless Smith can trim down for his new coach and can be counted on to be a force then keep him. His contract means sign him or franchise him though right?

It comes down to what does Cinci need?. I like Chad Johnson and have heard him on Sirrius a bunch. A bit goofy at times but a nice and decent guy if you ask me. I would definitely NOT have a problem with him on the team. Assuming Meacham is the real deal we would have 3 HUGE stud WR's. I guess that can't be a bad thing.

He will probably go to Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadjohnson/profile?id=JOH104425

He is 29 look at that guys production, him and Colston would be Amazing.

They would not trade Sim or Mare or David but I think we could talk them into sending the #9 pick and Chad for our #10 :D............ok maybe not

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom