Saints Trade Ideas for #85 (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
What deal would you put in place to nab Chad Johnson?

I would love to see him here but have no idea what the Saints could put in place to make it work.

I say a 3rd round pick this year and a 4th round pick next season.

object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TebMvv2JRnk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TebMvv2JRnk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I'm good, our defense is the problem, now maybe if Chad Johnson was a Linebacker, but our offense isnt that bad were we need him, his talent is great, but his mouth will rub alot of people the wrong way, we dont need that distraction.........I love chad johnson though....just on someone else's team.

I thought we were actively pursuing some predraft trade ideas fro this title.

I haven't heard anything or read anything else that says we are doing anything other than utilizing the picks we have.

Build through the draft. Johnson on Payton's team?... misnomer if you ask me.

I like him and wouldnt mind having him in N.O. But I dont think that he would fit. What happens if we go 5-11? I am shure he wouldnt be the same funny Chad.

yeah, it be great to have him hear not running out routes and complaining about not getting the ball. I'd offer a bag of kicking tees for him.

What deal would you put in place to nab Chad Johnson?

I would love to see him here but have no idea what the Saints could put in place to make it work.

I say a 3rd round pick this year and a 4th round pick next season.

object width="425" height="355">
</PARAM>
</PARAM></EMBED></OBJECT>
</P>

Exactly what I was gonna say... maybe a "conditional" 4th that could move up to a 3rd if he hits certain #s... That may sweeten the deal further for them because they know we pass all the time...

yeah, it be great to have him hear not running out routes and complaining about not getting the ball. I'd offer a bag of kicking tees for him.

ok na Randy Moss caught 23 Tds this year after he was deemed a problem child.
I think Brees would be strong enough to handle his ego.

What about Will Smith(Ohio St)...... For Johnson straight up.

That one makes me a little nervous. But one I would think about.

He would not make this team better. He does not address the defense. Yes, I know the scoring more points and Time of Possesion arguements. Scoring points isn't an issue for this offense and Time of Possesion wasn't a major problem w/ the defense. The defense got minimal pressure on the QB which allowed big plays against our weak secondary.
I also think adding 85 would stunt the development of Meachem.

He would not make this team better. He does not address the defense. Yes, I know the scoring more points and Time of Possesion arguements. Scoring points isn't an issue for this offense and Time of Possesion wasn't a major problem w/ the defense. The defense got minimal pressure on the QB which allowed big plays against our weak secondary.

We have Colston, Moore, and Meach under contract... that's it... and no 3rd rounder we'd get this year would give us the production that Ocho would.

We have all of FA and the other 6 picks in the draft, and June 1st cuts to address the defense... I'd say WR is a position of need...

Brees, Colston, 85, Bush, Meachem, Pierre Thomas/ 26 OMG!!!!!!!

Go for greatness that is what the Patriots do. That guy would immediately guarantee 35 TD passes from Brees lol.

Last edited:
WR is certainly a position of need, and actually pretty high up on the totem pole.

But I still don't know if I would trade for CJ. I actually like the guy a lot, but I just don't seem him fitting here. Now Roy Williams, I would trade for.

And for those saying "Well he isn't Defense": I don't know that you really understand the NFL that well.

You must address both sides of the ball EVERY offseason or you will ultimately fail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom