Saints: Trades (Speculation) (1 Viewer)

From what I read earlier I don't think the cap hit from Glenn Dorsey would be huge. I'm pretty sure if we offered a 2nd and 5th to KC for Glenn they would take it. We need another DT to help sure up our run defense especially since Clancy has been injured for nearly all of this season.

We need another DT to help sure up our run defense especially since Clancy has been injured for nearly all of this season.

Agree, but I don't think we could afford that many big money players. We alread have about 6 or 7, and that's about the limit. Anyone else we pick up for depth will have to be on the cheap like Hargrove. Next year will be even worse, assuming there will be a cap.

Dorsey or Merriman would be awsome! But i wont be disappointed if nothin happens.

With the current depth at each position that we have... how many of our 7 draft picks will realistically have a shot at making the team?

You figure the 1st and 2nd rounder will make the 53-man squad, and maybe the 3rd rounder will probly get a spot on the roster too barring injury (see Chip and Arnoux).

So that leaves 4 draft picks (assuming we use them all) that will be probably auditioning for another team during their preseason in New Orleans.

The staff does an excellent job of weeding out potential "problem children", so I don't think "chemistry" will be an issue with ANY player thats brought here... whether its via trade, draft, or free agency... our club does a great job choosing character guys.

So with that said... I think we should trade for a DT before next week's deadline. We don't know how healthy Clancey will be on that knee, and Ayodele is the only other NT on our entire roster unless they slide Sed over and start Hargrove at the 3-tech... which will leave us thin at 3-tech.

We will eventually need help at the nose anyway with Clancey's age and recent injury... so... go get Dorsey... yeah I said it... give KC a conditional 3th that could turn into a 2nd. GD can play the nose... yeah he was a 3-tech but he's also played some NT, and he can do that here too.

Bring home Glenn Dorsey!

here is how i see it,i think we should keep the team as is and next year sign vince wilfork draft sean weatherspoon wlb and maybe a rb....i dont think should alter anything now

here's my question...if the Saints wanted to draft a olb with the 32nd pick in the next years draft, and i assume brandon spikes would be gone by then, why not just trade our 1st rounder to the chargers for merriman?

I sure would like to have Chris Johnson. You guys think we can make a trade with the Titans.

We send Bush and his contract to Tenn. and we get CJ and his contract.

You guys think that would work. Plus they are hurting at there DE position

We give RB and a DE for CJ and a T:plus-un2:

Then we finally get someone who runs North and South and follows his blocks.

Thomas,Bell,CJ,Evans,Hamilton:mwink:

I sure would like to have Chris Johnson. You guys think we can make a trade with the Titans.

how about no you crazy dutch *******

here is how i see it,i think we should keep the team as is and next year sign vince wilfork draft sean weatherspoon wlb and maybe a rb....i dont think should alter anything now

Wilfork will be tagged if needed the Patriots are not going to let him go, and no chance without adequate compensation.

how about no you crazy dutch *******

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeRSCN0Ajn0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeRSCN0Ajn0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lol

Is the depth at DE really that good? Grant, Smith, McCray and who else? Those are the only 3 that i am familiar with.
well superman,its better than most teams this year:9:,
why dont we trade one of he Kickers the saints have on the roster? this is my only concern why are the saints taking a away a good ST players spot on the roster.sorry guys but having 2 kickers is dumb, i know this may be off topic but you want to make a trade,well heres the bait a the kicker slot

Last edited:

Word is... NE traded Seymour to be sure they had the cash for Wilford.

Hoping a player (like 'Spoon) requires he be available when we draft, and if he's a "Payton Player".

Sure we can draft a RB, but we have a slew of undrafted guys making great contributions with another undrafted guy on the PS that shows promise.

Glenn Dorsey would really spread his wings with us. I know he would love to play here

Are you reading this,Loomis.......get it done!

Go back to playing Madden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom