Saints Training Camp Transactions in Week 1 (Cuts, Contracts, and Lists) (1 Viewer)

Good news, Lewis was cut. Bad news, Lewis is 10 times a better receiver than Carr, with more receptions in just one of his 3 years with the Saints versus Carr's total during his 3 years span with the Saints. Carr is inexplicably still on the team.

Damn they cut Deatrick Nichols already?!?! I had some hope for that guy since we need some depth at corner with PRob not looking like he did in Philly. But for him to not make it any further in the process shows that he must of been pretty terrible. If this was a regular offseason I wanted to see Gus Cumberlander play, but since it’s not I knew he wasn’t going to make it.

I’m glad TommyLee Lewis and Krishawn Hogan didn’t make it too far cause I’m rooting for Emmanuel Butler and Marquez Callaway to make the final 2 receiver spots if we keep 6. But Juwan Johnson could be a guy to make it since he may offer more in the blocking department like Hogan did. Lil’Jordan Humphrey is another that showed last year that he can play in the league. So I’m hoping 1 or 2 of those 4 guys make it and not Austin Carr since he doesn’t offer us much more than being a possession receiver. Butler looks like a really good possession receiver with some blocking ability. Callaway looks to have some break away talent and can offer some in the return game. Juwan is huge and could possibly even move to tight end down the road. Lil’Jordan is another big target that can possibly offer some in the blocking game which I’m sure one of those guys will have to offer something in the blocking game

Last edited:
They should have released the Punter that they signed as an UDRFA instead of Nicholls. We need all the CB help we can get right now.
Could they be keeping an extra punter, on the PS, in case Morestead catches COVID?

Could they be keeping an extra punter, on the PS, in case Morestead catches COVID?
Why? If that were the case, we would have an extra kicker in camp as well. If needed, I am sure it is not hard to find a punter on the streets.

This is news to me, where did Carr as a seventh DB come up?
This is somewhat speculation, I believe he played corner in a game, few years ago, that was a blow out. Seems he had a interception as well.

This is somewhat speculation, I believe he played corner in a game, few years ago, that was a blow out. Seems he had a interception as well.

A regular season game?

Those stats would show up in his reference. I don't see any defensive snaps or an INT.

I would swear regular season, I want to say against the Skins.

I just looked it up, got him and Hardee confused.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom