Saints Training Camp Updates 7-28-18 (1 Viewer)

it’s only the first day but I expect a little more out of Latt man.

I don’t remember him being impossible to throw against last year in camp either. It’s the first day in full pads. He could be easing into it, being told not to risk injury, is one of those guys that shows up big on gameday despite whatever you see in practice, or any number of things.

The important part to think of is that this is the time of year some players that look unbeatable that will never see a gameday snap and others that look average that will be big contributors.

Haven’t heard anything about ginn.With smith showing out and meridith healthy he could be surprise cut. Coleman will make it because of his blocking. Tommy lee making some moves. I know it’s early but just a observation. What y’all think.

Haven’t heard anything about ginn.With smith showing out and meridith healthy he could be surprise cut. Coleman will make it because of his blocking. Tommy lee making some moves. I know it’s early but just a observation. What y’all think.

Ginn isn't getting cut.

Good morning Who Dats!! Today is Day 3 of Saints Training Camp and it's pads on and open to the public!! The gates will open at 7:30 and there is limited seating so get there early. Don't forget you must have your tickets to get in. This year there is a fan festival adjacent to the field. The high is 93 so wear sunscreen and stay hydrated.
I will be on the road shortly so will be unavailable to post updates regularly, if anyone
can help out today, it's much appreciated.
Also if anyone is attending practice, please feel free to post any pics or thoughts in here.

Who Dat!!

Early signs that T. Smiths physical strenghts are transitioning well. I think he can have a meachum like impact. Similar receivers in the fact they were effective in the intermediate and deep routes. Also similar as they had some limitations in the shorter quickness based routes with change of direction stiffness. Smith biggest attribute is his sneaky acceleration. Very fluid and hard to see burst after about ten yards. Meachum was more of a straight line sprinter, but they effective on same kind of routes. Smith was known as a effective perimeter blocker with his long arms in college. Curious to see that in camp as well.

I knew the Kurt Coleman starting over Vonn Bell was a tad premature. I think Bell will be the guy starting with Coleman as the 3rd safety still getting a ton of snaps. Now this prediction could also be premature, but I like Bell more as a strong safety than Coleman.

Marcus Williams will end this season being one of the top safeties in football. That kid is so talented it’s insane.

We are so strong on the backend of the defense it’s crazy. Lattimore, Crawley, PRob, PJ, Maulet, Harris, and Hardee can all play corner in this league. Then we got the new guys in Jamerson, Moore, & Stephens.

This will be the best group of receivers we have ever had. Thomas, Meredith, Ginn, Coleman, Smith, and maybe even Lewis will be the best group in the game IMO.

Yeah

Because he was terrible for a team many saints fans casually follow. He’s pretty terrible compared to recent backups we’ve had imo

To be fair, he’s one of the only backups we’ve had recently with real starting experience. McCown had a game or two. Who knows maybe Lombardi can improve his play a bit. Plus we have a damn good Oline to give him time in the pocket

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom