Saints Training Camp Updates 7-28-18 (1 Viewer)

Haven’t heard anything about ginn.With smith showing out and meridith healthy he could be surprise cut. Coleman will make it because of his blocking. Tommy lee making some moves. I know it’s early but just a observation. What y’all think.
I think Ginn is about as safe as can be.

I wonder if Smith has a chance to beat out Meredith as the number 3

Speaking of WR's.. where the heck is Josh Huff ???? .. if memory serves me correct, I believe he's out like the first 2 weeks of the season, but still, he should at least be in camp.. after all, he is a punt and kick returner, and a pretty solid one at that... true the Saints would miss him the first couple weeks, but to have a solid return man waiting in the wings (as well as a WR) would be nice.. Anyways, inquring minds!

Edited in: per CBS-Sportsline.com/Saints

"The NFL suspended Huff for two games for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy, Mike Triplett of ESPN.com reports.
Since entering the NFL as a third-round pick in 2014, Huff has been unable to find a foothold and last took the field Week 16 of the 2016 season. Notably, he was arrested in November of that year for DUI and possession of marijuana, which precipitated his release from the Eagles. Huff has a reserve/future contract from the Saints in his back pocket, which will allow him to take part in the offseason program and during the preseason. In order to land on the 53-man roster, post-suspension, he may have to impress at every stage in advance of the regular season."

Where is this guy ???? .. in the pic below it shows him there for day 2... but still, haven't heard a peep.. what gives ??

5b5b682cf14df.image.jpg

NW.

Last edited:
We do this every single year. Some rookies or newbies come in and have some incredible moments or a good camp and some have already alter the rosters. It is wonderful that Tre quan Smith is having a good camp so far. But to say he will be a number 3 or take Ted Ginn roster spots is just absurd. Come on. I can go through a list of names that had such good camps or camp moments that didn't hardly ever see playing time during the season. Even if Smith continue to impress, he probably won't see much action till near midway through the season.

Who says Cam will be #3?

As Sean has said so many times.....we don’t have a 1,2,3, etc.

That is solely created by fans ranking players per receptions for the most part.

We have positions.....x, y, slot.....depending on the defense, the play call,,the audible....that’s what determines who’s the 1st read on a given play, who’s decoy, who’s 2nd read, etc.

Week 1, I'm thinking:
1. Thomas
2. Meredith
3. Ginn
4. Smith

Could change as the season progresses. Or I could even be wrong. There's a first time for everything.

I said when we drafted him that he could possibly be the #2 by seasons end. He has speed, hands and physicality in the run game. That last one is key to him starting over Meredith and/or Ginn when he gets a grasp on this offense.

We do this every single year. Some rookies or newbies come in and have some incredible moments or a good camp and some have already alter the rosters. It is wonderful that Tre quan Smith is having a good camp so far. But to say he will be a number 3 or take Ted Ginn roster spots is just absurd. Come on. I can go through a list of names that had such good camps or camp moments that didn't hardly ever see playing time during the season. Even if Smith continue to impress, he probably won't see much action till near midway through the season.
Marques Colston ? I can dream, can't I?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom