Saints Training Camp Updates 7-28-18 (1 Viewer)

A lot of guns being jumped based on 3 days of practice. Let's see how camp plays out before we start giving jobs away.

A lot of guns being jumped based on 3 days of practice. Let's see how camp plays out before we start giving jobs away.
No kidding. I am not a fan of certain players but I am not going to be the one that predicts any one of them being the final cut after 1 padded practices.

Our QB comparisons thus far...

Passing stats in team drills:
Brees: 9-for-12 (17-for-28 overall)
Tom Savage: 7-for-10 (7-for-10)
Taysom Hill: 4-for-9 (9-for-19, 1 INT)
Barrett: 3-for-6 (4-for-12, 2 INTs)

Our QB comparisons thus far...

Passing stats in team drills:
Brees: 9-for-12 (17-for-28 overall)
Tom Savage: 7-for-10 (7-for-10)
Taysom Hill: 4-for-9 (9-for-19, 1 INT)
Barrett: 3-for-6 (4-for-12, 2 INTs)

There has to be some ints missing.

Day 3 & heat in the bag.. was good to hear the live presser on utube that finished with Davenport.

He seems to be a very sharp kid : processes things well & gives a sort of honest insightful mode to his comments.

Our coaches also continue to impress.. CJ has that competitive sly old dog mentality, I always like his comments.

Aaron Glenn sounds like a guy who'll be a head coach in the near future. His comments on the team's competition & comeradery put a great perspective on things.

Just left the facility.

Players that really stood out to me were Tre'Quan Smith and Tommy Lee Lewis. Smith looked great and Tommy Lee is just a baller. The WR competition is crazy.
TLL looks amazing every camp, but is rarely used during the regular season. No doubt that he has game, but maybe the team cannot effectively utilize his skill set. He's probably better off with a team like Seattle.

Day 3 & heat in the bag.. was good to hear the live presser on utube that finished with Davenport.

He seems to be a very sharp kid : processes things well & gives a sort of honest insightful mode to his comments.

Our coaches also continue to impress.. CJ has that competitive sly old dog mentality, I always like his comments.

Aaron Glenn sounds like a guy who'll be a head coach in the near future. His comments on the team's competition & comeradery put a great perspective on things.

Yeah, it’s odd that CJ flames out as a HC, but I wonder if anyone would take a flyer on him as an OC.

I think Glenn is on the fast track like Dennis Allen before him. If the db unit shines again then I think he is fast tracked to a DC spot and then a HC spot in short time.

Lattimore is getting burnt early and often. Not a good sign
I'm not saying that he's slowing down or anything, but towards the end of the season & playoffs, we have guys like Julio, Thielen, Evans and now Thomas get the best of him. Granted some of those guys are big name guys, but he'll continue to improve. Someone mentioned that he's coming off of an ankle injury, so maybe that has something to do with shaking off the rust.

I'm not saying that he's slowing down or anything, but towards the end of the season & playoffs, we have guys like Julio, Thielen, Evans and now Thomas get the best of him. Granted some of those guys are big name guys, but he'll continue to improve. Someone mentioned that he's coming off of an ankle injury, so maybe that has something to do with shaking off the rust.
He had a recent ankle injury, like in the very recent past?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom