Saints Training Camp Updates 7-28-22 (1 Viewer)

During the final game of 1985 season, Ronnie Lott injured his left pinky while tackling a Dallas Cowboys running back. The San Francisco 49ers won the game and finished the season 10-6 and qualified for the playoffs. However, Lott’s pinky required surgery and eight weeks of recovery. With the playoffs looming, he faced a decision.

Lott knew he was an integral part of the 49ers defense, so missing the playoffs was not an option. Instead of invasive surgery and rehab, Lott decided to amputate his pinky. Doing so allowed him to participate in the 1985 playoffs. Sure enough, Lott was out there next week against the New York Giants in the wild-card game.
So the rumor that he bit that part of his finger off to go back in the game is the rumor whereas he really did have it amputated but was that during the game? I thought this was at halftime or something.

Pete Werner.
That was easy.
And every team in the league had months to sign KA…..and chose not to.
I’m not an NFL GM, but they are.
I'm sorry but Kwon just wasn't as good last year as he was the prior year. The defense did not up its game with him in the lineup whereas the prior year it did.

Stop it. Werner played really well, but from a physical standpoint he's not on Kwon's level. There's a reason he came off the field on 3rd downs.

Did you see his tweet about making a decision? Obviously he's mulling over which team to pick. The only reason why teams aren't clamoring over him is his injury history. It has nothing to do with ability. From that standpoint he'd likely be the 2nd best LB on this team. He's really good, he just gets injured often as an undersized LB.
What are you talking about, with Werner being often injured? How many games did he miss at Ohio St.? I’ll wait.

So the rumor that he bit that part of his finger off to go back in the game is the rumor whereas he really did have it amputated but was that during the game? I thought this was at halftime or something.
I thought that too

Not the biting part but that it was halftime and he did it so he could go back in the game

Last edited:

Bit it off? Damn. Never heard that rumor. Removed yes.. but bit? That's a man's man rumor right there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom