Saints Training Camp Updates 7-28-22 (1 Viewer)

One must ask, if these helmet protectors reduce impact force by up to 20%, and if the extra protection doesn’t alter performance (why would it?), and if repeated head bumping and concussions are such a major long-term health concern, why wouldn’t all players wear them all the time?

The helmet is going to look completely different in the not too distant future. Not quite like what they’re wearing in training camp, but the outer shell of the helmet should clearly be cushioned if it’s going to be safer. Not just in practice, in games too.

One must ask, if these helmet protectors reduce impact force by up to 20%, and if the extra protection doesn’t alter performance (why would it?), and if repeated head bumping and concussions are such a major long-term health concern, why wouldn’t all players wear them all the time?

The helmet is going to look completely different in the not too distant future. Not quite like what they’re wearing in training camp, but the outer shell of the helmet should clearly be cushioned if it’s going to be safer. Not just in practice, in games too.
Get rid of the helmets and the heavy pads. Bet concussions go down. People won’t feel bullet proof anymore.

Tell that to Cam Jordan. He was complaining about them through half his interview yesterday 🤣

Get rid of the helmets and the heavy pads. Bet concussions go down. People won’t feel bullet proof anymore.
Well, people used to die a little too frequently during football when they wore nothing, from what I've read. I think things have improved.

The next bit of progress comes from continuing to take steps to prevent one hard surface from hitting another hard surface, like hard plastic helmet repeatedly banging against hard plastic helmet -- to fix that seems to be an obvious major improvement upon safety -- more padding on the head is the way to get football that's safer for the brain.

Imagine each player wearing a giant 3 foot diameter dense foam ball over their existing helmets. How many concussions would there be? I suspect players could bang their heads together as hard as they could all day without a concussion if they had such oversized protection. Of course a giant 3 foot diameter foam ball would be ridiculous, but scale it back to a practical size, similar to the size of what they've been wearing in training camp, and the helmets are safer.

Now take that soft outer shell and integrate it into the helmet, rather than it being a separate add-on, and then create a smooth (yet soft and pliable) surface over the top of that padding so it doesn't look like a turtle shell, and the future of football looks more like this:

1659043916093.png

Tell that to Cam Jordan. He was complaining about them through half his interview yesterday 🤣

He was having a laugh because they are goofy looking, but he also said "they're not limiting at all."

This is an experiment with the future of helmets. Some version of it will eventually be on every player in every game. No reason not to, especially once they make it look better.

I will take your word for it…. That slimy feel ugh…
I’ve had sliced, cured and smoked trumpet mushrooms that taste like and have the texture of bacon.

My wife hates mushrooms for the same reasons as you do and those are the only ones she can eat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom