Saints Training Camp Updates 7-30-21 (1 Viewer)

It's gonna really hurt y'alls feelings when we deploy our 2 qb system this year :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, 3 observations:
1. Both of these QB's came ready to compete like their lives depend on it.
2. Our 1st team offense with Taysom is "run heavy". Does this have something to do with playing the high flying, pass happy offense of GB?
3. Good sweet lord Kamara is fast as hell.

1. agree
2. Not at all. This is just season install. Nowhere near close to GB game planning.
3. absolutely

It's gonna really hurt y'alls feelings when we deploy our 2 qb system this year :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, 3 observations:
1. Both of these QB's came ready to compete like their lives depend on it.
2. Our 1st team offense with Taysom is "run heavy". Does this have something to do with playing the high flying, pass happy offense of GB?
3. Good sweet lord Kamara is fast as hell.
I don't think so because it's not practical long-term from a contract situation with both guys on basically one-year deals, as someone will be gone after this year.

Literally no one is saying any of this in this thread. It's like some of you don't read the OP. These threads are for TC updates and discussion. Not to troll about your quarterback opinion.
It was alluded to in one of the tweets. It's all exactly how a lot of saints fans react to taysom vs jameis takes. This isn't trolling. There's a lot of truth in real humor.

I don't think so because it's not practical long-term from a contract situation with both guys on basically one-year deals, as someone will be gone after this year.
Oh I know, but it's funny as hell. Imagine Sean eating grass on the sideline with 0 regard to the game clock :p

It's cool - Fact remains - He's running the 1's to start because he's the #1 QB currently - It's his job to lose - This is how Sean operates for all the other positions and competitions, not sure why it'd be different for this one... Jameis has to clearly kick his arse to beat him... Seems pretty simple - Jameis has the ability to do it - I'm not sure if he can - But if he does, that's great for the team... No sure what there is to disagree on, or why the same fanboys keep facepalming me for stating the obvious.
Please stop. I like Taysom and I want to keep it that way.

I have to believe that Payton has to manage a delicate situation with the qbs. Hill has been here longer and is a favorite of Sean's. But, I believe he knows we have a better chance to win with jamies. Look at the Denver game. They had a receiver playing qb. It should have been a game that taysom goes off in and then jamies comes in and mops up. Instead we went conservative. Taysom is great in the niche he's carved out for himself, but he's no starting qb
I don’t think Payton believes he has to sugarcoat anything with who he wants/thinks/hopes wins the starting qb position. He will do what he thinks is best for his team to win games. He’s been in the league long enough to know not to play favoritism.

your point about tasom should have gone off in the Denver game because they started a receiver at qb is moot. Unless I lost the memo that qbs go up head to head to win games and the opposing defense just doesn’t exist anymore, it’s a very weak argument.

now I’d agree that Payton went conservative against the Broncos defense, one because of their starting qb situation, and the other one ours. So yea if that’s what you meant I understand your thinking, he should have let loose taysom in that game, but he rather not lose it with our qb play and went very conservative because of theirs. It was only taysoms second start against a pretty good d, I don’t think that Sean is basing anything in this training camp because he favors hill. He wants the best man to win. The other can leave the feelings at the door.

Tend to agree. He doesn’t have Harris’ burst, but he seemed to run smartly with the ball. That’s what we need to see back there. Smart running!
All true, but Harris is flat out special as a returner. He is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the ball. We don’t have anything close to his skill set.

Let's try to keep this thread about today's Training Camp updates and news, so people getting off of work can scroll down and catch up on what they've missed. All the side conversations belong on other threads. I could try separating this one into multiple threads, but it just takes one false move and I've lost it all. :hihi: Help us out. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom