Saints Training Camp Updates 7-30-21 (1 Viewer)

It's cool - Fact remains - He's running the 1's to start because he's the #1 QB currently - It's his job to lose - This is how Sean operates for all the other positions and competitions, not sure why it'd be different for this one... Jameis has to clearly kick his arse to beat him... Seems pretty simple - Jameis has the ability to do it - I'm not sure if he can - But if he does, that's great for the team... No sure what there is to disagree on, or why the same fanboys keep facepalming me for stating the obvious.
I will not facepalm you but this is an “open” competition. It is not Taysom’s job to lose anymore than it is Jameis’s. The first two days of installation involved Taysom. The next two I believe will involve Jameis.

It's cool - Fact remains - He's running the 1's to start because he's the #1 QB currently - It's his job to lose - Jameis has to clearly kick his arse to beat him... Seems pretty simple - Jameis has the ability to do it - I'm not sure if he can - But if he does, that's gret for the team... No sure what there is to disagree on, or why the same fanboys keep facepalming me for stating the obvious.
Because you're the only one that still cares about this.

We just want them both to do the best they can do. You on the other hand, do this to put down Winston and every chance try to imply that he's inferior.

Like no one cares anymore. It's showtime and both are fighting for starting spot like heavyweights and IT'S WONDERFUL. I'm super happy so far.
"haters" give me a break. It's day two of practice. I'll wait until the season in underway to see what we have in Winston.
Then it becomes.. The playoffs... And next season, because it was all fluke. Just wait to the team is terrible... So Winston will have no choice but to suck with them. Then, maybe you'll be right. Keep moving goal post. Him making changes don't correalate to product on the field. He has already came to be a much better player than he has all last season. The people that trash him at every interview and work out posted should give him credit.

Will that change product or win/loss column... Possibly no. When everyone praise that there has been real growth. It happened. He still got tough competition, because Hill brought his A game and I'm super happy.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure it would have been the same if Winston took the initial QB1 reps. Can we just all be happy when the best QB wins?
Oh, I agree. I just think it's funny that the writers there have specifically said not to read anything into it and certain people clearly have. I just want the best to win, I don't really care who it is.

I will not facepalm you but this is an “open” competition. It is not Taysom’s job to lose anymore than it is Jameis’s. The first two days of installation involved Taysom. The next two I believe will involve Jameis.
Meh I disagree. Taysom was the last starter and the most tenured, so I wouldn't call it incorrect to say it's his job to lose. I personally think Winston has the most upside, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who said he will have to win the job from Taysom.

It's cool - Fact remains - He's running the 1's to start because he's the #1 QB currently - It's his job to lose - This is how Sean operates for all the other positions and competitions, not sure why it'd be different for this one... Jameis has to clearly kick his arse to beat him... Seems pretty simple - Jameis has the ability to do it - I'm not sure if he can - But if he does, that's great for the team... No sure what there is to disagree on, or why the same fanboys keep facepalming me for stating the obvious.

I did facepalm you, not because of your opinion but your constant need to throw out bait and attempt to start quarterback debates in TC threads.

According to Sean Payton on his post-practice media session, the rotation is install driven. He also said they will flip the rotation starting tomorrow. So Jameis will start with the 1’s tomorriw? I think you’re putting too much into what the #1 or #2 means right now. I think we will see this play out over a several week span. It’s not decided yet.

Multiple sportswriters: "don't read anything into Taysom taking the #1 snaps"

Taysom fanatics: "HE'S CLEARLY THE STARTER"
Especially when Hill and Winston got reps to being great practice players. They need live reps to see how they really play under pressure.

It's still super encouraging to see Hill improving his touch and reads.

I have to believe that Payton has to manage a delicate situation with the qbs. Hill has been here longer and is a favorite of Sean's. But, I believe he knows we have a better chance to win with jamies. Look at the Denver game. They had a receiver playing qb. It should have been a game that taysom goes off in and then jamies comes in and mops up. Instead we went conservative. Taysom is great in the niche he's carved out for himself, but he's no starting qb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom