Saints Training Camp Updates 7-30-21 (1 Viewer)

"Taysom can't throw to Kamara"
Taysom throws to Kamara
"Taysom only throws short passes!" rarrr

"Jameis throws the ball down field"
Jameis throws to Kamara
"See, Jameis is so wise and mature now to take the underneaths in this offense!"

Literally no one is saying any of this in this thread. It's like some of you don't read the OP. These threads are for TC updates and discussion. Not to troll about your quarterback opinion.

"Taysom can't throw to Kamara"
Taysom throws to Kamara
"Taysom only throws short passes!" rarrr

"Jameis throws the ball down field"
Jameis throws to Kamara
"See, Jameis is so wise and mature now to take the underneaths in this offense!"
I don't agree with all your takes, but this is pretty funny because it's pretty accurate. The same happens the other way, too, though, to be fair.

Especially when Hill and Winston got reps to being great practice players. They need live reps to see how they really play under pressure.

It's still super encouraging to see Hill improving his touch and reads.
Absolutely. If he can nail screen passes, that's a big step in his game. Now we just need to work on his long passes not having punt hangtime. ;)

Because you're the only one that still cares about this.

We just want them both to do the best they can do. You on the other hand, do this to put down Winston and every chance try to imply that he's inferior.

Like no one cares anymore. It's showtime and both are fighting for starting spot like heavyweights and IT'S WONDERFUL. I'm super happy so far.

Then it becomes.. The playoffs... And next season, because it was all fluke. Just wait to the team is terrible... So Winston will have no choice but to suck with them. Then, maybe you'll be right. Keep moving goal post. Him making changes don't correalate to product on the field. He has already came to be a much better player than he has all last season. The people that trash him at every interview and work out posted should give him credit.

Will that change product or win/loss column... Possibly no. When everyone praise that there has been real growth. It happened. He still got tough competition, because Hill brought his A game and I'm super happy.
Nope, we'll be able to tell what he has become within a few games. Old habits still there? We'll see. A new Winston? We'll see.
Hatred="to have hate or contempt for". Nobody that I know of actually 'hates" Winston. They may hate the idea of him being our QB because of how he has played in the past. They probably don't trust, and that's a fair way to feel. But "hate", that's being really, really dramatic.

Meh I disagree. Taysom was the last starter and the most tenured, so I wouldn't call it incorrect to say it's his job to lose. I personally think Winston has the most upside, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who said he will have to win the job from Taysom.
Taysom was given the first set of reps in the installs. Jameis will be given the next set of reps in the installs. This is not based on who I think will win or even who I want to win the starting job. But it is incorrect to say that it is his job to lose as he is not the starter. These things are true in the case of Jimmy Garoppolo or Cam Newton who are currently the starters on their respective teams. Here, outside of giving Taysom the first set of reps with the first team, last year has absolutely no bearing on this season. Both players are going to be given opportunities and both will be evaluated. If Jameis had come out and gotten the first two sets of installs, and someone said it is his job to lose my response would be similar because it is neither guy’s job until he earns it.

Lastly, I will say that there is an ideal situation for the team internally but whoever wins the job, wins the job and the team will adjust/proceed accordingly.

Taysom was given the first set of reps in the installs. Jameis will be given the next set of reps in the installs. This is not based on who I think will win or even who I want to win the starting job. But it is incorrect to say that it is his job to lose as he is not the starter. These things are true in the case of Jimmy Garoppolo or Cam Newton who are currently the starters on their respective teams. Here, outside of giving Taysom the first set of reps with the first team, last year has absolutely no bearing on this season. Both players are going to be given opportunities and both will be evaluated. If Jameis had come out and gotten the first two sets of installs, and someone said it is his job to lose my response would be similar because it is neither guy’s job until he earns it.

Lastly, I will say that there is an ideal situation for the team internally but whoever wins the job, wins the job and the team will adjust/proceed accordingly.
I agree the competition is open. Honestly, I think it's just semantics and to me semantics and technicalities are not worth arguing over. If someone said Taysom was the starter coming out of last year.... OK. It doesn't really mean anything so whatever, they can be right about that if they want. I don't think that gives Taysom a leg up for this year besides for giving him the first QB1 reps and now those are out of the way and I feel as if the slate is now clear. Let the best man win. I just hope people can keep it together and root for the winner regardless of who it is.

It's gonna really hurt y'alls feelings when we deploy our 2 qb system this year :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, 3 observations:
1. Both of these QB's came ready to compete like their lives depend on it.
2. Our 1st team offense with Taysom is "run heavy". Does this have something to do with playing the high flying, pass happy offense of GB?
3. Good sweet lord Kamara is fast as hell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom