Saints Training Camp Updates 7-30-22 (2 Viewers)

Sum up of Day 3

Trautman looking good
Adebo looking good
Turner looking good except getting pancaked by Ramczyk (which is what Ram does to everybody)
Olave looking great
Merritt becoming the camp beast
Jameis up and down (still needs to get some zip back on his throws from what I can see in videos)
Taysom with a rib injury before first padded practice
Chauncey showing out as usual
Werner our only legit LB2 working out on sidelines
Honey Badger still a no-show for undisclosed reasons
Davenport still not on the field
Jahri Evans coming out of retirement to help Ruiz (God please let it work)
Penning and Hurst rotating at LT so far in camp
Juice doing what Juice does
OL/DL start getting their work beginning Monday
Coach DA seems fired up and we haven't had that in a head coach for a few years (love SP but it's fact)
Abram Smith looks slow in videos I've seen, but that doesn't mean much.
Saints fans at training camp are > than any other team's fans and it's not close.
Did you attend today?

Coming out of the gate on day 3 with a couple of INT on 7 on 7 with Winston targeting his 4th WR is perfectly fine in my book.

If this was in the midst of team drills 3 weeks into TC. I'd feel a bit worry.

Winston never was a hot out of the gate QB. He always got to build a rhythm.
I’m not going to say I’m worried yet but I’m also not going to say it’s too soon in camp. It’s 7 on 7 this should be pitch and catch.

Sum up of Day 3
Coach DA seems fired up and we haven't had that in a head coach for a few years (love SP but it's fact)
Yeah, you know, @Taker597 commented on that; and of all our hot take speculations on when and why he left, I think that was just it. He wasn't feeling the excitement of coaching, so it was just time for a change of scenery. Personally I was dreading him quitting, but now I have peace with it.

Even if he gets his fire back and ends up coaching in Dallas (barf) or where my husband says he sees him going if the Walrus gets out of the way, KC with Mahomey, you can't take away from him what he gave to the Saints. It was a long journey but we no longer have "loser" stink on us and that's due to him and Drew.

Yeah, you know, @Taker597 commented on that; and of all our hot take speculations on when and why he left, I think that was just it. He wasn't feeling the excitement of coaching, so it was just time for a change of scenery. Personally I was dreading him quitting, but now I have peace with it.

Even if he gets his fire back and ends up coaching in Dallas (barf) or where my husband says he sees him going if the Walrus gets out of the way, KC with Mahomey, you can't take away from him what he gave to the Saints. It was a long journey but we no longer have "loser" stink on us and that's due to him and Drew.
I feel the same way, short of him coaching any team in our division I don’t have an issue with it

I’m not going to say I’m worried yet but I’m also not going to say it’s too soon in camp. It’s 7 on 7 this should be pitch and catch.
Winston still isn't completely 100% and he's gotta knock off a lot of rust with actual DBs in the field. Throwing passes to wide open WR in Maimi ain't the same as 7 on 7 against an elite secondary.

I’m old enough to remember when Pat Mahomes had some iffy practices (his first year replacing Alex Smith), and people questioned his readiness. I recall this because I’m “people”, and I started a thread about it.

Only open if you want a good laugh. There were 78 posts as of the time of this reposting.

Injuries are all that matter during training camp. That, rookie hazing, and water slides.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom