Saints Training Camp Updates 8-1-22 (1 Viewer)

LOL! Man you don't know me. I'll leave it alone but I will say this... there aren't many (any?) players that broke their hands on a helmet from a punch, but I do know of some QBs that broke bones on helmets after a pass. So my point about helmets breaking bones has been proven. I didn't say they "will break their hands"... I said they will "run the risk" of breaking something.

Understood, I don't know you, but I do know your training camp fight/helmet punching take is whack! :LOL:

Grant was great. He played hard and was a Jordan type complete player. Until his ankle injury, he had what 10 or more sacks each year.

Davenport or Turner may be more "dangerous" or, rather, flashy, but Grant for the time was a full grown man.

Don’t mean to pile on here but Grant was nowhere near the caliber player Jordan is…he averaged under 6 sacks a year for his career…that ankle injury was a factor but I wouldn’t even put him in the top 10 of DEs for the Saints….

Watch out for Landon Young.... He's my dark horse to break out and steal a starting spot on the Oline... He was really coming on before his injury.
Agreed. He’s one of my “dawgs”! Good player wit lotsa upside!

Saw his recent interview n it was night n day vs last year! He sounds much more confident now. He was moved around all ova the place in TC as a rook. Now, he’s gonna stay mostly at RT behind Ram, so he can focus on dat one spot.

But I still say that if Ruiz struggles at RG, I’d give Landon a shot to compete at RG. At 6’6 and 330lbs, he’s bigger n stronger than Ruiz. But as a former LT, n now at RT, he’s got the footwork to protect in pass pro!

We’ll see

You know this but you still say "WTH"? Seems kind of a jerk thing to do, as well as disrespectful. Don't be that person. If you understand the situation, then you just leave it be and let it play out.
CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!:embarrassed:

I'm just not sold... I want whatever gives this team the best chance to compete for a Championship... and I don't care who that is. If it's JW, Great! But I need to see it, and I am open to all options. Having Dalton as the backup is a good thing, and I am not surprised that he looks good in practice. We sure could have used him last year. If that makes me indifferent... so be it.

This team has a championship roster IMO. The only thing that can deter that is sub par QB in my mind. (And a crazy number of injuries). So…. The fact that JW is not far and away out performing his backups is…. Well…. “Concerning”…
Really? Are you serious? You saw what he did I 7 games last year. Give us a break.

Really? Are you serious? You saw what he did I 7 games last year. Give us a break.

Yes... I saw inconsistency, and one of the lowest rated passing offenses in the NFL...

My general synopsis was... Great, Bad, Good, Meh, Good, Meh, Incomplete.... The only encouraging thing I saw was the TD to INT ratio (and some timely runs to extend drives), and 9 of his 14 TDs came in 2 games.

I need to see much more before I am sold... This isn't some outlandish opinion outside of this forum.... It's literally the consensus everywhere outside of hard core Saints fans.

Yes... I saw inconsistency, and one of the lowest rated passing offenses in the NFL...

My general synopsis was... Great, Bad, Good, Meh, Good, Meh, Incomplete.... The only encouraging thing I saw was the TD to INT ratio (and some timely runs to extend drives), and 9 of his 14 TDs came in 2 games.

I need to see much more before I am sold... This isn't some outlandish opinion outside of this forum.... It's literally the consensus everywhere outside of hard core Saints fans.
i agree. hopefully he can put together some consistency and eliminate most bonehead mistakes.

he has a better supporting cast this year. so all the weapons are there. just need him to make it work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom