Saints Training Camp Updates 8-1-22 (2 Viewers)

No doubt, the 2009 was amazingly opportunistic.

But the defense we have now is vastly superior at every level, particularly on the edge, at corner, and at LB. Guys like Scott Shanle, Randall Gay, Usama Young, Charles Grant, & Bobby McCray would hardly, if ever, see the field.

Not to mention our defensive staff is leagues ahead of the 2009 staff.

Charles Grant would not have left the field.

Does anyone have 2 tickets for training camp on Thursday (8/4) they aren’t using? My oldest is done with Summer camp, but school doesn’t start until next week! Thanks! Who Dat!
I don't have any for Thursday but I have 3 for Saturday (8/6) and maybe 3 for Monday (8/8). If you want them. If you can't find any for Thursday.

Because this sport isn't played by game npcs or robots. It's a testosterone driven emotional sport.

And it's practice. And they've got padding on those helmets now.

Enjoy the entertainment and let's stop being so quick to shove out the "stupid" and "dumb" nonsense.

Its "stupid" and "dumb" to punch someone with a helmet on for a number of reasons... a couple are:

1) You throw a punch to inflict pain, but he has on a helmet. You're not hurting anyone. That's stupid.
2) You run the risk of breaking your hand on said helmet. That would be a dumb way to injure yourself and miss weeks/months.

Never let your emotions make you make decisions that will hurt your team, and even more... hurt yourself.

Because you’re sitting behind a computer thinking rationally (sometimes) and they’re not.
I am now but I’ve been in that situation. Not NFL, but still team football…..just wouldn’t wanna hurt my hand. I’ve lost my temper, fought etc. just not thrown at a helmet.

Never understood why a player would throw a punch at a dude wearing a HELMET. Just dumb as hell to me.

Have you ever played football? Doesn’t hurt as much as people make it seem.

When you’re in the heat of battle and it comes to that point, you couldn’t care less about the relatively minuscule, temporary pain of the punch, especially with gloves on and ESPECIALLY if you’re a lineman with PADDED gloves on.

Its "stupid" and "dumb" to punch someone with a helmet on for a number of reasons... a couple are:

1) You throw a punch to inflict pain, but he has on a helmet. You're not hurting anyone. That's stupid.
2) You run the risk of breaking your hand on said helmet. That would be a dumb way to injure yourself and miss weeks/months.

Never let your emotions make you make decisions that will hurt your team, and even more... hurt yourself.

Another one that apparently has never played a down of meaningful football in their lives.

How many times have you seen players at every level throw punches?

How many times have you seen players “break their hand on said helmet?”

Those helmet punches don’t hurt your hands that much and it’s more about stunning your opponent while also asserting that you’re not going to get punked on the field by anyone.

Go put a helmet on and get a 300 pound lineman to hit you a few times and let me know your thoughts.

No doubt, the 2009 was amazingly opportunistic.

But the defense we have now is vastly superior at every level, particularly on the edge, at corner, and at LB. Guys like Scott Shanle, Randall Gay, Usama Young, Charles Grant, & Bobby McCray would hardly, if ever, see the field.

Not to mention our defensive staff is leagues ahead of the 2009 staff.
B Mac had one the greatest hits on a QB after an interception, ever. For that alone, his name will always be spoken with reverence!

A healthy Davenport (and probably Turner, even) is/are much more dangerous on the edge than 2009 Grant was.

Grant was great. He played hard and was a Jordan type complete player. Until his ankle injury, he had what 10 or more sacks each year.

Davenport or Turner may be more "dangerous" or, rather, flashy, but Grant for the time was a full grown man.

Watch out for Landon Young.... He's my dark horse to break out and steal a starting spot on the Oline... He was really coming on before his injury.

Grant was great. He played hard and was a Jordan type complete player. Until his ankle injury, he had what 10 or more sacks each year.

Davenport or Turner may be more "dangerous" or, rather, flashy, but Grant for the time was a full grown man.
I’m posting this screenshot just to make sure we’re talking about the same Charles Grant. A Jordan-like player? C’mon. The last few seasons of his career he was purely an overweight run defender who posed virtually no threat to the QB.
631C7C8B-F3BF-4946-BB40-C9B4C49B0112.jpeg

Another one that apparently has never played a down of meaningful football in their lives.

How many times have you seen players at every level throw punches?

How many times have you seen players “break their hand on said helmet?”

Those helmet punches don’t hurt your hands that much and it’s more about stunning your opponent while also asserting that you’re not going to get punked on the field by anyone.

Go put a helmet on and get a 300 pound lineman to hit you a few times and let me know your thoughts.

LOL! Man you don't know me. I'll leave it alone but I will say this... there aren't many (any?) players that broke their hands on a helmet from a punch, but I do know of some QBs that broke bones on helmets after a pass. So my point about helmets breaking bones has been proven. I didn't say they "will break their hands"... I said they will "run the risk" of breaking something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom