Saints Training Camp Updates 8-1-22 (1 Viewer)

Granted.. yes, they had their share of take-aways, and obviously the pick late in the NFC championship to save the day and force over time, and the pick in the super bowl to put the nail in the coffin. I don't know where our defense ranked back then. Often they could be counted on to do what we used to call a "watch this" play. Just a well timed sack fumble, interception or the like. More often than not though, back then it seemed more about the offense just scoring quickly and ton of points. With this current defense we've won more than a few games where it was like 13-7 or something stupid like that.
9-0 against Tampa Bay and Tom Brady last season where our offense lit up the scoreboard for 3 FGs.

Last edited:
What is Hebert's problem with Jameis? GTFO with this Andy Dalton bs. What a clown.

Nothing... He's just telling you what he sees... and it's not surprising. Dalton has a ton of experience, good accuracy, and a lot playing time as a starter...

His career numbers are pretty darn good:

62.2%
35,279 yards
226 TD
135 INT
87.0 RAT

His W/L numbers are 77-69-2 as a starter in the regular season...

His issue has always been in the playoffs... Where he's 0-4 and has terrible numbers....

He's a great insurance policy.... with a ton of experience... and it should shock no one if he looks better than JW in camp (especially with JW coming off an injury)... people are acting like JW is some All-Pro lock, when he's really still a Tampa castoff with worse career numbers than Dalton - That had a roller coaster 5 game ride with us last year, while being throttled back by CSP - That the Saints actively tried to upgrade from in the offseason - Signed at the last minute to a Prove it deal - And still has a ton to prove.

Hebert is a goof... be he ain't wrong.

Last edited:
And I was the main antagonist! Still am. Needed a TE. I hope that I am proven to be totally wrong!
Don't worry, Because people will start complaining half way through the season if McBride is balling out at TE and Taylor is a draft and stash on the bench.

Does anyone have 2 tickets for training camp on Thursday (8/4) they aren’t using? My oldest is done with Summer camp, but school doesn’t start until next week! Thanks! Who Dat!

I don't know. Don't listen to Infoman. He's extremely indifferent to our QB1.

I'm just not sold... I want whatever gives this team the best chance to compete for a Championship... and I don't care who that is. If it's JW, Great! But I need to see it, and I am open to all options. Having Dalton as the backup is a good thing, and I am not surprised that he looks good in practice. We sure could have used him last year. If that makes me indifferent... so be it.

This team has a championship roster IMO. The only thing that can deter that is sub par QB in my mind. (And a crazy number of injuries). So…. The fact that JW is not far and away out performing his backups is…. Well…. “Concerning”…

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom