Saints Training Camp Updates 8-12-19 (1 Viewer)

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Good morning Who Dats and Happy Monday!! It's Day 18 of Saints training camp. Practice will start at 9:50 am. The team is off tomorrow. On Wednesday, they will travel to Cali for 2 joint practices on Thursday and Friday with the Chargers before the game on Sunday. Kickoff is 3 pm ct.

Who Dat!!

Live4theSaints

Griffin
Reaction score
Seems like Payton has become wiser and less of a hard arse as he’s grown to be such a respected head coach. Any soft tissue stuff or questionable tweaks with any guys who are basically 53 man locks aren’t going to practice right now.

For now, chill y’all. This should actually make us less worried... I think.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Seems like Payton has become wiser and less of a hard arse as he’s grown to be such a respected head coach. Any soft tissue stuff or questionable tweaks with any guys who are basically 53 man locks aren’t going to practice right now.

For now, chill y’all. This should actually make us less worried... I think.
think you are right. haven't heard about anybody being seen in any kind of brace or showing any kind of obvious physical issues...also no conjecture from the media

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hate training camp and preseason,
in my opinion, players are asked to practice too hard and
leave themselves open to serious injuries.
So in the old days, when Mora was coaching and winning, players were tougher? I don't see anything here. It happened before, it will happen now and it will happen in the future. Injuries are just part of it all. Has noting to do with practicing too hard.

As a side note. Some players can play with more pain than others. That will always be the case. BUT, a player also has to know when there is pain, as a result from an injury. That is left up to the doctors to determine. And today, in the NFL, team doctors, coaches...etc., are a lot more cautious with potential injuries, then ever before. Players nowadays miss a lot of time, due to the very conservative approach of team doctors. Nothing wrong with it, because all teams are playing under the same directives, towards player health and safety. Fans just need to understand that is the nature of the league.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Relax people. Go through this every year during training camp. It is very hot and humid out there and any sign of heat exhaustion or fatigue, the coach will pull them. The players will have 2 off days (tomorrow and travel on Wednesday) to recover.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Relax people. Go through this every year during training camp. It is very hot and humid out there and any sign of heat exhaustion or fatigue, the coach will pull them. The players will have 2 off days (tomorrow and travel on Wednesday) to recover.
Hopefully you’re right and that’s all it is.

This is the problem with Payton shutting down all questions about injuries in the preseason. Even if it’s a minor issue, it will lead to speculation

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
LOL

So Kamara and Armstead miss the day with injuries and Ram and MT get hurt during practice.

Awesome
With the heat index, its likely cramps. If so, I would expect them to miss a day or two until that area is back to normal. That pain sensation can linger a few days.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

This is the problem with Payton shutting down all questions about injuries in the preseason. Even if it’s a minor issue, it will lead to speculation
I am just going by what was reported so far and how Payton is with players, especially their core players. As a fan, we all like to know. But Payton has his reason and that's fine. Maybe it is to protect the players.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Except that speculation has zero effect on the outcome of football games. So the lack of information leading to it is of no consequence to the professional football coach. It's only fans who want to know and, in this day and age of instant news gratification particularly, expect to be told, that are affected.

Last edited:

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Except that speculation has zero effect on the outcome of football games. So the lack of information leading to it is of no consequence to the professional football coach. It's only fans who want to know and, in this day and age of instant news gratification particularly, expect to be told that are affected.
Can you please show me where I said it had any affect on football games?

Thank you

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Can you please show me where I said it had any affect on football games?

Thank you
I didn't. I pointed out why coach doesn't care about the speculation that you seemed concerned might occur. That may not satisfy you. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I didn't. I pointed out why coach doesn't care about the speculation that you seemed concerned might occur. That may not satisfy you. Unfortunate.
Okay thanks.

Yeah, this is a board for fans. I am one. So are many others. For some it is, indeed, frustrating that he doesn’t clarify even minor injuries.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Okay thanks.

Yeah, this is a board for fans. I am one. So are many others. For some it is, indeed, frustrating that he doesn’t clarify even minor injuries.
Oh I understand how you might feel. But it isn't his job to serve that need.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Oh I understand how you might feel. But it isn't his job to serve that need.
Never once did I say it was Payton’s job requirement to mention the injuries. That was your take. If you have zero interest in the health of our players, then that’s fine. That’s also your take.

It can be frustrating to many fans not knowing how significant an injury is to players.

Edit: I won’t sidetrack this thread anymore. I have a ton of respect for those of you who provide the daily updates. Thank you!

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Never once did I say it was Payton’s job requirement to mention the injuries. That was your take. If you have zero interest in the health of our players, then that’s fine. That’s also your take.

It can be frustrating to many fans not knowing how significant an injury is to players.

Edit: I won’t sidetrack this thread anymore. I have a ton of respect for those of you who provide the daily updates. Thank you!
I agree that the main thread is awesome and the daily updates are what make this period of the season bearable.

Try not to let the vacuum around player injury news get to you too much. It will always be like this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom