Saints Training Camp Updates 8-12-19 (1 Viewer)

I saw during the game that Armstead got his ankle rolled up on a little bit. He stayed in but I saw him grabbing it on the ground. Hopefully nothing serious.

Seems like Payton has become wiser and less of a hard arse as he’s grown to be such a respected head coach. Any soft tissue stuff or questionable tweaks with any guys who are basically 53 man locks aren’t going to practice right now.

For now, chill y’all. This should actually make us less worried... I think.

Seems like Payton has become wiser and less of a hard arse as he’s grown to be such a respected head coach. Any soft tissue stuff or questionable tweaks with any guys who are basically 53 man locks aren’t going to practice right now.

For now, chill y’all. This should actually make us less worried... I think.

think you are right. haven't heard about anybody being seen in any kind of brace or showing any kind of obvious physical issues...also no conjecture from the media

They are being a lot more cautious with injury. They've learned from their past mistakes.
Going into game two I would imagine we'll be seeing a lot of the bubble players and the Taysom Hill show Sunday.

Hate training camp and preseason,
in my opinion, players are asked to practice too hard and
leave themselves open to serious injuries.

So in the old days, when Mora was coaching and winning, players were tougher? I don't see anything here. It happened before, it will happen now and it will happen in the future. Injuries are just part of it all. Has noting to do with practicing too hard.

As a side note. Some players can play with more pain than others. That will always be the case. BUT, a player also has to know when there is pain, as a result from an injury. That is left up to the doctors to determine. And today, in the NFL, team doctors, coaches...etc., are a lot more cautious with potential injuries, then ever before. Players nowadays miss a lot of time, due to the very conservative approach of team doctors. Nothing wrong with it, because all teams are playing under the same directives, towards player health and safety. Fans just need to understand that is the nature of the league.

Relax people. Go through this every year during training camp. It is very hot and humid out there and any sign of heat exhaustion or fatigue, the coach will pull them. The players will have 2 off days (tomorrow and travel on Wednesday) to recover.

Relax people. Go through this every year during training camp. It is very hot and humid out there and any sign of heat exhaustion or fatigue, the coach will pull them. The players will have 2 off days (tomorrow and travel on Wednesday) to recover.

Hopefully you’re right and that’s all it is.

This is the problem with Payton shutting down all questions about injuries in the preseason. Even if it’s a minor issue, it will lead to speculation

LOL

So Kamara and Armstead miss the day with injuries and Ram and MT get hurt during practice.

Awesome
With the heat index, its likely cramps. If so, I would expect them to miss a day or two until that area is back to normal. That pain sensation can linger a few days.

This is the problem with Payton shutting down all questions about injuries in the preseason. Even if it’s a minor issue, it will lead to speculation
I am just going by what was reported so far and how Payton is with players, especially their core players. As a fan, we all like to know. But Payton has his reason and that's fine. Maybe it is to protect the players.

Except that speculation has zero effect on the outcome of football games. So the lack of information leading to it is of no consequence to the professional football coach. It's only fans who want to know and, in this day and age of instant news gratification particularly, expect to be told, that are affected.

Last edited:
Except that speculation has zero effect on the outcome of football games. So the lack of information leading to it is of no consequence to the professional football coach. It's only fans who want to know and, in this day and age of instant news gratification particularly, expect to be told that are affected.

Can you please show me where I said it had any affect on football games?

Thank you

Can you please show me where I said it had any affect on football games?

Thank you
I didn't. I pointed out why coach doesn't care about the speculation that you seemed concerned might occur. That may not satisfy you. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

I didn't. I pointed out why coach doesn't care about the speculation that you seemed concerned might occur. That may not satisfy you. Unfortunate.

Okay thanks.

Yeah, this is a board for fans. I am one. So are many others. For some it is, indeed, frustrating that he doesn’t clarify even minor injuries.

Okay thanks.

Yeah, this is a board for fans. I am one. So are many others. For some it is, indeed, frustrating that he doesn’t clarify even minor injuries.
Oh I understand how you might feel. But it isn't his job to serve that need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom