Saints Training Camp Updates 8-14-18 (1 Viewer)

Redjem

Editor, Writer, Podcast Host and SR Twitter Ninja
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning Who Dats!! It's day 20 of Saints Training Camp. The team is off today (Stay away from the water parks please) but if any news breaks, will post it in here.

Practice resumes tomorrow but is closed to the public. Walk through Thursday and Friday is game day. We're back home in the dome!!!

Who Dat!!

Last edited:
Waiting for a Davenport report that he is actually practicing! (y)
I dont think we will see him do anything until maybe next week, at the earliest. And if he does step on the fie look d next week, itll probably just be very light duty. Just my hunch.

I dont think we will see him do anything until maybe next week, at the earliest. And if he does step on the fie look d next week, itll probably just be very light duty. Just my hunch.

You are probably right on his duty load but he needs to be out there. Anything forward in his development will be encouraging. I can imagine he is really chomping to get out there as well. Fingers crossed!

I feel like it's becoming a yearly tradition for Saints' first round picks to be injured in preseason. 2016 Rankins got hurt and was out the first six games or so. 2017 I remember Lattimore seemed to be banged up in the preseason. Now Davenport. I really hope it's just precautionary and not a big deal (which seems to be the case), but until we get some confirmation otherwise I'm not overly comfortable.

I feel like it's becoming a yearly tradition for Saints' first round picks to be injured in preseason. 2016 Rankins got hurt and was out the first six games or so. 2017 I remember Lattimore seemed to be banged up in the preseason. Now Davenport. I really hope it's just precautionary and not a big deal (which seems to be the case), but until we get some confirmation otherwise I'm not overly comfortable.

This is true. Rankins broke a fibula in camp, and Lattimore was either out or limited for much of camp with Hamstring issues. However, neither were "signs of things to come". Both made it on the field and seemed to be prepared once they got there.

Physically, I wouldn't expect Davenport to have his NFL body nor his NFL stamina until next year anyway. That's why D-linemen rarely come out as 3 down starters. It takes some time. Being mentally prepared is more important at this point. We'll have the luxury of using him sparingly with Okafor, Hendrickson, and others available to carry the load. Having Davenport healthy thinking clearly when his number is called is the most important thing. His play-time will reflect where he's at with those things during the season.

As long as he doesn’t start tweeting “Blessed to see another day.”

Ellerbe ruined that one for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom