Saints Training Camp Updates 8-15-19 (1 Viewer)

Just my humble take from having the honor to watch the team practice in person today.....the Saints started smooth on both sides, but the offense in particular looked tired about halfway through practice. Brees touch on his longer throws was off about halfway through. Teddy was the most consistent but he did have a pic. Taysom....nice throws on the underneath stuff but man he just didn’t have enough touch on anything over 30 yards. All of his longer throws felt like toss up plays . Latavius is the real deal. He just runs like he has a magnet for the end zone when we are inside the 30. On defense we looked ok for the most part Cam was Cam and Demario was Demario. Both players had great pressure on the passer and stood out on one on one matchups. Demario brought it all practice long. Just so impressive against the run and pass. Also, Davenport is just an intimidating player on D. He stood out to me from his practices compared to last year. Quicker off the line too. Eli Apple looked good, and wouldn’t you know it, Crowley may have had the best practice of anyone today. He shined on special teams coverage. Kudos to C. Robinson for sharing his knowledge to defenders on special teams. That was fun to watch.

Side note....I though Emmanuel Butler had a great practice. He caught most everything his way and he looks the part. He spent a lot of time towards the end of practice one on one with Drew catching deepish throws.

It was a beautiful, sunny day with a few thousand Whodats there. I suspect that there will be more there tomorrow. WhoDat 121412L
L.L.: Nice summary; thanks! :9:

:gosaints:

The Butler kid sounds like he's not only competing to make the roster, but looking to line up and make a contribution with the starters this season.

Color me impressed.

Likewise.

I typically roll my eyes when I hear it, but everything about him so far has been seeping of Colston. Between the way he contests balls, the way he runs his routes, his spatial awareness in being able to find and sit in soft spots of zones, all off it.

I was skeptical of it until I saw it with my own eyes at practice on the 11th. It’s uncanny. This kid could be very special and the absolute steal of this 2019 rookie class.

Likewise.

I typically roll my eyes when I hear it, but everything about him so far has been seeping of Colston. Between the way he contests balls, the way he runs his routes, his spatial awareness in being able to find and sit in soft spots of zones, all off it.

I was skeptical of it until I saw it with my own eyes at practice on the 11th. It’s uncanny. This kid could be very special and the absolute steal of this 2019 rookie class.
He also seems to have that humble approach. He’s truly enjoying the ride and learning everything he can. I’m really pulling for this guy.

Just my humble take from having the honor to watch the team practice in person today.....the Saints started smooth on both sides, but the offense in particular looked tired about halfway through practice. Brees touch on his longer throws was off about halfway through. Teddy was the most consistent but he did have a pic. Taysom....nice throws on the underneath stuff but man he just didn’t have enough touch on anything over 30 yards. All of his longer throws felt like toss up plays . Latavius is the real deal. He just runs like he has a magnet for the end zone when we are inside the 30. On defense we looked ok for the most part Cam was Cam and Demario was Demario. Both players had great pressure on the passer and stood out on one on one matchups. Demario brought it all practice long. Just so impressive against the run and pass. Also, Davenport is just an intimidating player on D. He stood out to me from his practices compared to last year. Quicker off the line too. Eli Apple looked good, and wouldn’t you know it, Crowley may have had the best practice of anyone today. He shined on special teams coverage. Kudos to C. Robinson for sharing his knowledge to defenders on special teams. That was fun to watch.

Side note....I though Emmanuel Butler had a great practice. He caught most everything his way and he looks the part. He spent a lot of time towards the end of practice one on one with Drew catching deepish throws.

It was a beautiful, sunny day with a few thousand Whodats there. I suspect that there will be more there tomorrow. WhoDat 121412
If you wrote for the Advocate, I would subscribe.

Wondering if you think the Jet lag / flight fatigue might have had something to do with the Offense looking 'sluggish' halfway through the practice. Flying out to Cali from the Gulf, then practicing at Noon the next day seems like it would have an effect on these guys.

Hopefully they have a more crisp, efficient practice today.

Likewise.

Good hands, good synergy with the QB, and a good feel for coverage is priceless. Speed be damned.

If Butler stays healthy (and maybe can play ST), I think he has a spot on the 53. That's going to put another pretty good prospect on the PS or the street.

Good hands, good synergy with the QB, and a good feel for coverage is priceless. Speed be damned.

If Butler stays healthy (and maybe can play ST), I think he has a spot on the 53. That's going to put another pretty good prospect on the PS or the street.
Yeah, that's kind of where we are now. Anyone new who makes this squad bumps another good player off. A great place to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom