Saints Training Camp Updates 8-16-19 (1 Viewer)

Because the questioning of the Davenport project has come up in many threads this preseason and noting this very same issue was taboo last year but now all the rage. Just pointing out the fickle nature of fandom. I hope he becomes a superstar and while we are projecting I would love to see Butler become Colston 2.0!

I just want him to do better. Low key, splash plays, none of it matters to me. I just want him to play up to his potential.

Yeah, Butler has those hands, a feel for the soft spots, and wins 50/50 balls. He has a chance to make the 53 at the cost of losing another pretty good WR.

I just want him to do better. Low key, splash plays, none of it matters to me. I just want him to play up to his potential.

Yeah, Butler has those hands, a feel for the soft spots, and wins 50/50 balls. He has a chance to make the 53 at the cost of losing another pretty good WR.

Me 2

I personally dont understand why people are getting so upset just bc I'm saying the TRUTH.

People dont like to hear the truth,

All I'm saying is Davenpoet has not played well since his injury, but has a lot of potential. His play has been a little concerning being how we spent 2 1st round draft picks to get him, and that he is going to be our starting DE this year.

As for Emmanuel Butler, I think hes a stud, and the Saints got a huge steal with him. He could potentially be the #2 WR at some point during the season

You don't know what the coaches are asking him to do and focus on, so you are drawing a conclusion based on what you think, not what you know. This means you are working strictly from opinion. That's okay, just own that it's your opinion.

Yes I have my opinion, but that specific part wasnt just an opinion ot was facts!

His play has been bad, like I said I have hope he can turn it around but it is concerning.

I really hate that argument "You dont know what they are asking him to do"

That's just silly!

I guarantee you they are not asking him to get mauled in the run game! I guarantee you they are not asking him to be stagnant and get over powered by 2nd and 3rd string tackles. Nothing the coaches ask of him is going to cause his play to be that bad. If somehow it does, then that's concerning as well bc obviously hes not getting it!

I seen Davenport before his injury

There was an extreme amount of promise. He played with a lot of bursts athleticism, and physicality. He can get back to playing that way. He just has to stop being so Tentative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom