Saints Training Camp Updates 8-16-19 (1 Viewer)

Unlike last year, Lattimore worked hard this offseason. I expect an all-pro caliber year from him.

In Costa Mesa, technically they are.
They are in Costa Mesa because technically their employer sent them there to cover the Saints. :p

Exaggerate much? The real practice didn't really get started until after 12:20 CDT which is somewhere on page 5. After that, every tweet on every subject on Twitter was reported here. Sorry for the inconvenience of not having a "real practice update thread". My apologies. I'll see if I can get the volunteers who sit through these practices on Twitter for 2 hours plus to clean up their act for you.

All this shade and it’s still 95° Out here ?

So I come in here wanting to catch up on the joint practice. After reading the first 4 pages of Davenport debate I gave up. Maybe someone can start a real practice update thread. Come on guys
Well, that’s ironic...

Last edited by a moderator:
After one preseason game, I guess Davenport is in the dog house to a lot of fans. Relax people.

I hear you

But I kind of dont blame the concern

Since his injury Davenport hasn't shown any of us any reason to not be concerned

Supposedly hes healthy, and but lacked serious burst and was getting bullied in the run game.

It was just the 1st preseason game, and I personally think he will get it together. Hes too talented and athletic for it not, but it is concerning.

Now people giving up on him is just Crazy talk. People need to relax, he could have just been a little rusty.

We will know a lot more after this game Sunday

Last edited:
I hear you but to be fair yesterday Tre Hendrickson was going against second and third string players. Not to downplay his potential but it isn’t apples to apples.

Right

Stats can lie but the tape doesnt.

Bottom line is this, Davenport looked Slow and Tentative vs the Run and Pass. He had 0 ability to set the edge.

The truth is he hasn't looked like half the player he was since the foot injury.

It is a little concerning

The sky is not falling though, and with his athleticism and measurables he can definitely turn it up.

I feel hes still trying to get a feel for the speed of the game again. That injury set him back a little, but I'm optimistic he can get back to the level of play we all know he can

Perhaps he’s referring to the national media. The Whodat nation loved AK from day one. Also Nick Saban had in riding the bench at Bama, I’m sure AK still has a chip on his shoulder from that as well.
Right

Stats can lie but the tape doesnt.

Bottom line is this, Davenport looked Slow and Tentative vs the Run and Pass. He had 0 ability to set the edge.

The truth is he hasn't looked like half the player he was since the foot injury.

It is a little concerning

The sky is not falling though, and with his athleticism and measurables he can definitely turn it up.

I feel hes still trying to get a feel for the speed of the game again. That injury set him back a little, but I'm optimistic he can get back to the level of play we all know he can

It’s preseason. Maybe he’s working on some new things. Who knows. Browns went undefeated in preseason in 2017 and went on to go 0-16 the same year. NFL preseason rush leader from just last year isn’t even in the league right now. I’ll call up DA and tell him dial up some blitz’s to get Davenport 27 sacks in the next 3 games so we can make the skeptics proud. Y’all are crazy.

Exaggerate much? The real practice didn't really get started until after 12:20 CDT which is somewhere on page 5. After that, every tweet on every subject on Twitter was reported here. Sorry for the inconvenience of not having a "real practice update thread". My apologies. I'll see if I can get the volunteers who sit through these practices on Twitter for 2 hours plus to clean up their act for you.
We should really stop being bums ???

Davenport did not light it up last year in training camp. Same deal when you go back to the Senior Bowl practices. But when the lights came on, he was ready to go.

He is very cerebral and spends the week learning. Do not get me wrong, he will battle but he is more focused on learning than dominating. Every now and then he’ll flash but not nearly as much as some people want. Yet when the real bullets start flying, he shows everything he has learned during the week. That’s who he is and what’s funny is that Cam is somewhat similar. Cam is not out there getting a ton of sacks in practice but he shows up on Sundays. I think Davenport will be a 10+ sack guy this season as long as he stays healthy.

I don’t know about you losers, but I saw Taysom Hill put this franchise on his back, and lead us to a win in today’s QB challenge with his pinpoint accuracy.

I am rushing to California right now with a pen to give to Mickey so that we can sign Taysom to that contract that Dak wants. Our future looks bright boys, just smile and wave.

I don’t know about you losers, but I saw Taysom Hill put this franchise on his back, and lead us to a win in today’s QB challenge with his pinpoint accuracy.

I am rushing to California right now with a pen to give to Mickey so that we can sign Taysom to that contract that Dak wants. Our future looks bright boys, just smile and wave.
I saw that, 13 of our 24pts, and that’s with Drew going twice! I’m with Rivers though, I think Drew missed some of those throws to make it more dramatic. Was Teddy even trying? Smh

I went to the camp this am. One thing I noticed was AJ Klein getting absolutely smoked every other play. Was being picked on constantly

That has always been his weakness. If he were good in coverage, he could be Demario Davis 2.0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom