Saints Training Camp Updates 8-16-19 (1 Viewer)

This guy was all over the place the past few days. Every time I would find him out there on the field, he was making catches and gaining yards. He could be a real dark horse candidate.

He was my camp dark horse to make the team. I think he is the 6 WR/ST player we need to have.

I don’t know about you losers, but I saw Taysom Hill put this franchise on his back, and lead us to a win in today’s QB challenge with his pinpoint accuracy.

I am rushing to California right now with a pen to give to Mickey so that we can sign Taysom to that contract that Dak wants. Our future looks bright boys, just smile and wave.
Was that Tyrod Taylor that smoked it for the Chargers? Very accurate and seemed to throw off his back foot, arm only. Never stepping into a throw..

And that round from Taysom. Wow. He seems to be a talent that when he’s on, he’s very on. But when he’s not, he’s very average passing.

In think ppl are reacting to this Davenport thing cause of what we had to give up to grab him. I for one think Marcus had a good first half of the season last year then the toe injury slowed him down and he never got totally healed. I think he even had surgery right after the season was over? The point is this kid is gonna be good maybe even great once he figures it all out we need to be patient.

Last preseason I was flamed for being concerned about Davenport. I stated the Saints may have given too much for what they got in this "prospect". This year the concern for Davenport's potential bust is all the rage. Interesting

I'm no more concerned with Davenport as I am our other young players. The FO shenanigans are over with, done. No way to go back, so why even bring it up? Davenport will either get better, get worse, or stay the same. All we can do is watch and hope. That's a big part of the fun and entertainment of football. Still, I think Davenport should be a strong focus for the coaches and fans. Not because of his cost, but because the team is questionable in the pass rush until our guy gets back.

Day 2 of practice between the Saints and Chargers. Pads were off almost right into practice and the refs were letting the flag fly today in drills. Drew made a bad throw on his first attempt against the Chargers starting D and it would have been good for a pick 6. Besides that bad pass he looked ok. I was amazed yesterday and today at his foot work. He moves and avoids the sack, and resets at the very last moment better than any QB in the league. It’s amazing to watch the knack he has for avoiding the pass rush. Devonte Harris, all 5 foot 5 of him, had a good day. I hope we get a chance to see him return a punt or two on special teams.....Kamara and he who can’t be guarded looked great. Kamara had a 20 yard sweeping run for a td that he was barely touched on. MT had a few of his typical sure handed grabs for nice gains. They are ready for the Texans, and Dan Arnold looked all pro out there. He had a great catch that would have been good for 40 yards. If he could translate that into game day...wow. I also thought Taysom looked better today.

Demario lines up on a play and was right on Rivers. He and Cam are ready too. Rivers for the most part staid away from Lattimore. I’ve noticed that Rivers doesn’t like to throw on him very much. That might be because Latt had a couple ints in practice last year against him. Just a fans take there.

I think the preseason game will be fun on Sunday. It’s really obvious both the Saints and Chargers staffs work well together. These practices come off like a well oiled machine.

Next up, the game on sunday. WhoDat

Dats me on the right, representing with my WhoDat brothers. Peace

118E8055-5C42-49E7-BB8F-5BCA4BD253EE.jpeg
Love the beard bro

I saw that, 13 of our 24pts, and that’s with Drew going twice! I’m with Rivers though, I think Drew missed some of those throws to make it more dramatic. Was Teddy even trying? Smh
Yeah, I wondered that. Drew looked almost human on his second round only to nail the winner.

Wondered if he was sandbagging.

I'm no more concerned with Davenport as I am our other young players. The FO shenanigans are over with, done. No way to go back, so why even bring it up? Davenport will either get better, get worse, or stay the same. All we can do is watch and hope. That's a big part of the fun and entertainment of football. Still, I think Davenport should be a strong focus for the coaches and fans. Not because of his cost, but because the team is questionable in the pass rush until our guy gets back.

Because the questioning of the Davenport project has come up in many threads this preseason and noting this very same issue was taboo last year but now all the rage. Just pointing out the fickle nature of fandom. I hope he becomes a superstar and while we are projecting I would love to see Butler become Colston 2.0!

It’s preseason. Maybe he’s working on some new things. Who knows. Browns went undefeated in preseason in 2017 and went on to go 0-16 the same year. NFL preseason rush leader from just last year isn’t even in the league right now. I’ll call up DA and tell him dial up some blitz’s to get Davenport 27 sacks in the next 3 games so we can make the skeptics proud. Y’all are crazy.

It's not about the stats man, it's about the tape.

The lack of burst, the sub par pass rush moves and the lack of success on his second pass rush move. It's the complete failure to set the edge at all against the run the whole time he was in the game.

I dont care about stats

I watch the film, film doesnt lie

Its was a bad performance, but I haven't lost faith.

But let's just call it what it is and stop being delusional just bc we know the potential he has.

Not to mention he has had a bad camp as well.

I have every right to be a little worried when our 1st round pick and Starting DE is getting MAULED by Newhouse in practice.

You practice how you play, and he just is behind the 8 ball right now.

He needs to step up, I do understand it's just the preseason and he could just be shaking off the rust

I'm optimistic he can turn it around, but I was disappointed after last weeks game with the D-Line as a while, but specifically Davenport the most.

He hasn't been the same player since his injury.

This year he is the man, we did not resign okafor bc the coaching staff believes Davenport can be the guy. He has to step up to the challenge.

I expect a better game from him tomorrow

It's not about the stats man, it's about the tape.

The lack of burst, the sub par pass rush moves and the lack of success on his second pass rush move. It's the complete failure to set the edge at all against the run the whole time he was in the game.

I dont care about stats

I watch the film, film doesnt lie

Its was a bad performance, but I haven't lost faith.

But let's just call it what it is and stop being delusional just bc we know the potential he has.

Not to mention he has had a bad camp as well.

I have every right to be a little worried when our 1st round pick and Starting DE is getting MAULED by Newhouse in practice.

You practice how you play, and he just is behind the 8 ball right now.

He needs to step up, I do understand it's just the preseason and he could just be shaking off the rust

I'm optimistic he can turn it around, but I was disappointed after last weeks game with the D-Line as a while, but specifically Davenport the most.

He hasn't been the same player since his injury.

This year he is the man, we did not resign okafor bc the coaching staff believes Davenport can be the guy. He has to step up to the challenge.

I expect a better game from him tomorrow

Showed plenty on a lot of these plays. A few against top-level OTs.

He didn't just lose athleticism overnight. We don't know what they're working on with him in the preseason, what his assignments were, etc. Sometimes it's just not as simple as "go get the QB."

If we start to hear some concerns after the first couple regular season games, sure.

Showed plenty on a lot of these plays. A few against top-level OTs.

He didn't just lose athleticism overnight. We don't know what they're working on with him in the preseason, what his assignments were, etc. Sometimes it's just not as simple as "go get the QB."

If we start to hear some concerns after the first couple regular season games, sure.

He looked the same last week as he did after his foot/ankle injury.

That's what I'm concerned about

I'm not voicing this strictly on opinion, I'm voicing this bc I watched the tape and he was dominated on every snap. Whether that was rushing thr passer or setting the edge in the run game.

By no means am I saying the sky is falling

I have faith in Davenport and have been one of his biggest Advocates.

Like I said the Tape dont Lie, and his level of play is concerning going back after his injury last season.

It would be different if we had another DE in front of him, but we dont. He is the guy, he has to produce now.

An NFL Defense revolves around D Line play. If you D Line is strong chances are you have a strong defense. If they are poor there is absolutely no way your defense can perform well

We as fans should know that more then any fanbase.

The biggest reason we had one of the worst Defenses in NFL history through a 3 year span was we couldn't get consistent pass rush and would get gashed in the run game.

He looked the same last week as he did after his foot/ankle injury.

That's what I'm concerned about

I'm not voicing this strictly on opinion, I'm voicing this bc I watched the tape and he was dominated on every snap. Whether that was rushing thr passer or setting the edge in the run game.

By no means am I saying the sky is falling

I have faith in Davenport and have been one of his biggest Advocates.

Like I said the Tape dont Lie, and his level of play is concerning going back after his injury last season.

It would be different if we had another DE in front of him, but we dont. He is the guy, he has to produce now.

An NFL Defense revolves around D Line play. If you D Line is strong chances are you have a strong defense. If they are poor there is absolutely no way your defense can perform well

We as fans should know that more then any fanbase.

The biggest reason we had one of the worst Defenses in NFL history through a 3 year span was we couldn't get consistent pass rush and would get gashed in the run game.

Really? I don't see that at all.

Even on plays in this reel where Minnesota made plays, he didn't get "dominated" at all. he got double teams on one play at 2:36 where he got knocked down by someone with whom he wasn't even engaged.

On just about every other play, I saw him getting a push. Yes, he appeared to overrun the play where Cousins broke free on a scramble. But I wouldn't call that getting dominated. If anything, he showed too much burst.

I'm not voicing this strictly on opinion, I'm voicing this bc I watched the tape...
You don't know what the coaches are asking him to do and focus on, so you are drawing a conclusion based on what you think, not what you know. This means you are working strictly from opinion. That's okay, just own that it's your opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom