Saints Training Camp Updates 8-2-18 (1 Viewer)

[QUOTE="El Caliente, post: 7194566, Chris Cornell in Rage Against the Machine. [/QUOTE]
Audioslave?

Savage played behind the same line, and played with the same talent around him as Deshaun Watson. The talent that made Watson Pro Bowl bound (as a Rookie) is the same that made Savage a vet minimum backup on another team.

It has nothing to do with the talent surrounding Savage.

Last edited:
Savage played behind the same line, and played with the same talent around him as Deshaun Watson. The talent that made Watson Pro Bowl bound (as a Rookie) is the same that made Savage a bet minimum backup on another team.

It has nothing to do with the talent surrounding Savage.

Watson was a 1st round pick. He should be better. But their OL was garbage. Watson is mobile, Savage isn't.

Last edited:
I know that is had been reported that the defense has looked good, but over the past few days I've seen nothing but offensive highlights. I think there was only 1 day when the defense actually dominated.
I am going off of Underhill's reporting on the overall happenings during camp. I have come to trust Underhill's assessment of what he watches of the whole practice. I do enjoy watching the highlight videos though.

When's the last time we've been seeing good play after good play on the offensive and defensive side of the ball? I'm on the verge of exploding in my pants omg Aug 9th where are you?

It’s unpopular for a reason :jpshakehead:

Because people fell in love with the Taysom Hill idea. Look, I'm all for giving the kid the benefit of the doubt and waiting until preseason to make final judgement, but nothing ive seen other than him being athletic impresses me. He definitely hasn't impressed me with his arm. It's not that I'm trying to get down on him, but that the opinion that he isn't backup material does come with a bit of evidence.

It grinds my gears that guys like Savage, Hill, and JT are getting chances and a guy like Kaep cant get a job. Kaep would demolish those guys. All our back ups are [mod edit] and if Brees goes down even for a game or 2, we're screwed. This is a much bigger problem then we think. Because we have the type of team that could survive losing Drew for a bit if we had even a half decent QB.

The circus is very much a factor, but the biggest reason is he similiar to Hill. Hes a guy you have to design a offense for him to have success. Hes a two read QB bu he is a unique athlete. Greg Romans scheme and Chips old scheme really the only two schemes he can fit. And he got those oppurtunities. You dont design a offense for a back up caliber QB. You want a guy that you can insert in your install.

Because people fell in love with the Taysom Hill idea. Look, I'm all for giving the kid the benefit of the doubt and waiting until preseason to make final judgement, but nothing ive seen other than him being athletic impresses me. He definitely hasn't impressed me with his arm. It's not that I'm trying to get down on him, but that the opinion that he isn't backup material does come with a bit of evidence.

Over the last two days reporters have spoken highly of Hill. If progress is what you are looking at when determining if a guy is fulfilling his potential then Hill is on the right path, no?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom