Saints Training Camp Updates 8-2-19 (1 Viewer)

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Good Morning Who Dats!! It's Day 8 of Saints Training Camp. Today's practice starts at 8:50 am and it is open to the public. Don't forget your tickets!!
We are now just a week away from our first preseason game!!!
Who Dat!!!

P.S.- Falcons lost last night!! 😂

Mackenzie

Black and Gold Forever
Reaction score
I didn’t go today but have been to a couple of practices. My observation was that Cook looked completely dominant out there. He’ll have huge numbers this year. For those there today or yesterday did you come away with the same impression?

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nathan Peterman being rated higher than someone else is depressing
I told all of you all that Natham Peterman would be the 2nd coming of Drew Brees. I knew I was right. Then again, maybe the 222nd coming of Brees - lol

Pete was wearing his Who Dat colors today. I had all the young ladies going over to him and telling him how ripped he looked today in that shirt. After about the 3rd girl telling him that, he looked over at me and said, "I smell bs around here!" lol. And for the life of me, I can't rotate this pic.Pete.jpg

SPECIAL THANKS TO WHOEVER TURNED THE PIC CORRECT!!!!!

Sometimes Pete's job is pretty rewarding. The girl he's anchoring her feet for situps is quite nice on the eyes - lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn’t go today but have been to a couple of practices. My observation was that Cook looked completely dominant out there. He’ll have huge numbers this year. For those there today or yesterday did you come away with the same impression?
He certainly looked as-advertised during yesterday’s session. I also liked that he and Brees got a little 1-on-1 session after practice to try and nail down some of their timing.

Dan in Lafayette

Official SR Curmudgeon
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I told all of you al that Natham Peterman would be the 2nd coming of Drew Brees. I knew I was right. Then again, maybe the 222nd coming of Brees - lol

Pete was wearing his Who Dat colors today. I had all the young ladies going over to him and telling him how ripped he looked today in that shirt. After about the 3rd girl telling him that, he looked over at me and said, "I smell bs around here!" lol. And for the life of me, I can't rotate this pic.

Pete.jpg
Consider it rotated.

He reminds me of gymnastics coach Béla Károlyi.

Last edited:

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My sense is that the Saints should move on. Unless the wide receivers other than Thomas crash and burn, it's not clear to me that he has a role on the team. That said, it's good that he feels that way.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My sense is that the Saints should move on. Unless the wide receivers other than Thomas crash and burn, it's not clear to me that he has a role on the team. That said, it's good that he feels that way.
I think they have...some fans haven't though.

Mackenzie

Black and Gold Forever
Reaction score
He certainly looked as-advertised during yesterday’s session. I also liked that he and Brees got a little 1-on-1 session after practice to try and nail down some of their timing.
Thanks. Yeah I just got the feeling he’s going to take over. His speed and athleticism are impressive. Roman Harper told me he’ll be hard to stop this year with his YAC and with Brees’ placement.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I just got the feeling he’s going to take over. His speed and athleticism are impressive. Roman Harper told me he’ll be hard to stop this year with his YAC and with Brees’ placement.
Frankly if he just becomes a big enough threat to take some pressure off of Thomas, Kamara, and other targets, he'll be worth his signing. But if he really is the reliable target that he's been showing so far, he can make our offense a true juggernaut! :9:

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Noticeable less number of daily training camp pages of forum posters observations. Me thinks the fact number of practices are taking place on the field farthest away from the stands, is the reason. Fans simply have not had good sight lines and interaction with the players, like previous years.

To be quite honest, I have been to two practices and on both occasions, the Saints practiced on the filed farthest away. It was like you could hear a pin drop, the fans were so quiet. It was like that this morning (my second practice this year).

Has anyone else had the same experience? It just seemed dead, both times I went this year. No atmosphere whatsoever. And there was no music today. I guess maybe, it was due to the NFL network being at camp?

The two camps I have been two, have been really awkward/strange, from what I typically have experienced.

Reaction score
Noticeable less number of daily training camp pages of forum posters observations. Me thinks the fact number of practices are taking place on the field farthest away from the stands, is the reason. Fans simply have not had good sight lines and interaction with the players, like previous years.

To be quite honest, I have been to two practices and on both occasions, the Saints practiced on the filed farthest away. It was like you could hear a pin drop, the fans were so quiet. It was like that this morning (my second practice this year).

Has anyone else had the same experience? It just seemed dead, both times I went this year. No atmosphere whatsoever. And there was no music today. I guess maybe, it was due to the NFL network being at camp?

The two camps I have been two, have been really awkward/strange, from what I typically have experienced.
I think it’s just the luck of the draw on what day you attend regarding the field they practice on. Like the first couple of days was on the close field, then they practiced a day or two on the far field due to the wear already on the field and the weather. Yesterday, practice was on the close field nearly exclusively. I think they’re trying to restrict the number of wear on the field closest by the fans so they try not to practice on it too many days consecutively and use the far field to give it some rest every few days.

If they use it excessively or right after it pours down, it’ll be dangerous for the players’ health and unusable until it’s re-sodded.

As for music, there was music before practice began yesterday, but I don’t recall any during.

silverbullet

Rookie
Reaction score
Sounds like Carr is not going to go quietly. I, like most, wrote him off, but he's been making noise the last two days.

Looks like McCoy has C pretty much sealed up.

Washington is also impressing per Payton.

Quite camp so far from Patrick Robinson.

Not sure why so many are platooning at PR. Seems like Sherrel should have that locked down.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like Carr is not going to go quietly. I, like most, wrote him off, but he's been making noise the last two days.

Looks like McCoy has C pretty much sealed up.

Washington is also impressing per Payton.

Quite camp so far from Patrick Robinson.

Not sure why so many are platooning at PR. Seems like Sherrel should have that locked down.
The little time some practice was happening on the closest field, Carr and Grayson looked like they could not be covered. They both had outstanding moves to create tremendous separation and allowed for easy throws by whatever QB happened to be throwing the ball to them on the play. They had so much separation, that even after they caught the ball, the DB's weren't even close. Pretty impressive to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom