Saints Training Camp Updates 8-2-19 (1 Viewer)

My sense is that the Saints should move on. Unless the wide receivers other than Thomas crash and burn, it's not clear to me that he has a role on the team. That said, it's good that he feels that way.

I think they have...some fans haven't though.

He certainly looked as-advertised during yesterday’s session. I also liked that he and Brees got a little 1-on-1 session after practice to try and nail down some of their timing.
Thanks. Yeah I just got the feeling he’s going to take over. His speed and athleticism are impressive. Roman Harper told me he’ll be hard to stop this year with his YAC and with Brees’ placement.

Thanks. Yeah I just got the feeling he’s going to take over. His speed and athleticism are impressive. Roman Harper told me he’ll be hard to stop this year with his YAC and with Brees’ placement.
Frankly if he just becomes a big enough threat to take some pressure off of Thomas, Kamara, and other targets, he'll be worth his signing. But if he really is the reliable target that he's been showing so far, he can make our offense a true juggernaut! :9:

Noticeable less number of daily training camp pages of forum posters observations. Me thinks the fact number of practices are taking place on the field farthest away from the stands, is the reason. Fans simply have not had good sight lines and interaction with the players, like previous years.

To be quite honest, I have been to two practices and on both occasions, the Saints practiced on the filed farthest away. It was like you could hear a pin drop, the fans were so quiet. It was like that this morning (my second practice this year).

Has anyone else had the same experience? It just seemed dead, both times I went this year. No atmosphere whatsoever. And there was no music today. I guess maybe, it was due to the NFL network being at camp?

The two camps I have been two, have been really awkward/strange, from what I typically have experienced.

Noticeable less number of daily training camp pages of forum posters observations. Me thinks the fact number of practices are taking place on the field farthest away from the stands, is the reason. Fans simply have not had good sight lines and interaction with the players, like previous years.

To be quite honest, I have been to two practices and on both occasions, the Saints practiced on the filed farthest away. It was like you could hear a pin drop, the fans were so quiet. It was like that this morning (my second practice this year).

Has anyone else had the same experience? It just seemed dead, both times I went this year. No atmosphere whatsoever. And there was no music today. I guess maybe, it was due to the NFL network being at camp?

The two camps I have been two, have been really awkward/strange, from what I typically have experienced.

I think it’s just the luck of the draw on what day you attend regarding the field they practice on. Like the first couple of days was on the close field, then they practiced a day or two on the far field due to the wear already on the field and the weather. Yesterday, practice was on the close field nearly exclusively. I think they’re trying to restrict the number of wear on the field closest by the fans so they try not to practice on it too many days consecutively and use the far field to give it some rest every few days.

If they use it excessively or right after it pours down, it’ll be dangerous for the players’ health and unusable until it’s re-sodded.

As for music, there was music before practice began yesterday, but I don’t recall any during.

Sounds like Carr is not going to go quietly. I, like most, wrote him off, but he's been making noise the last two days.

Looks like McCoy has C pretty much sealed up.

Washington is also impressing per Payton.

Quite camp so far from Patrick Robinson.

Not sure why so many are platooning at PR. Seems like Sherrel should have that locked down.

Sounds like Carr is not going to go quietly. I, like most, wrote him off, but he's been making noise the last two days.

Not sure why so many are platooning at PR. Seems like Sherrel should have that locked down.

The little time some practice was happening on the closest field, Carr and Grayson looked like they could not be covered. They both had outstanding moves to create tremendous separation and allowed for easy throws by whatever QB happened to be throwing the ball to them on the play. They had so much separation, that even after they caught the ball, the DB's weren't even close. Pretty impressive to me.

Carr seems to have some stock based on knowing the offense, and making noise during TC certainly helps his case... as does the fact that he’s getting some looks as a returner. It seems like they are trying to find a place for him.

Great news if McCoy locks up the Center spot. He has the talent to be one of the league’s best.

I pretty much have overlooked Washington from day 1. However, CSP has been giving him praise and the reports state that he is doing really well. He is probably the fastest RB on the roster from a pure speed standpoint. Good on him!

No worries for me on P-Rob. He’s a vet with a ring. I trust him. If he’s healthy, he’ll be solid.

Sherels should be worried by all accounts. He was signed to be the punt-returner... and the fact the Saints are trying a variety of players out in that role, can’t be good news for him. He’s not making the team based on his prowess as a DB... and there are a lot of superior DBs to him on this roster. Feels like if someone else shows they can handle PR duties, Sherels may meet the Turk.

Carr seems to have some stock based on knowing the offense, and making noise during TC certainly helps his case... as does the fact that he’s getting some looks as a returner. It seems like they are trying to find a place for him.

Great news if McCoy locks up the Center spot. He has the talent to be one of the league’s best.

I pretty much have overlooked Washington from day 1. However, CSP has been giving him praise and the reports state that he is doing really well. He is probably the fastest RB on the roster from a pure speed standpoint. Good on him!

No worries for me on P-Rob. He’s a vet with a ring. I trust him. If he’s healthy, he’ll be solid.

Sherels should be worried by all accounts. He was signed to be the punt-returner... and the fact the Saints are trying a variety of players out in that role, can’t be good news for him. He’s not making the team based on his prowess as a DB... and there are a lot of superior DBs to him on this roster. Feels like if someone else shows they can handle PR duties, Sherels may meet the Turk.

Washington looked incredible in the season finale last year. I think he averaged about 6 YPC and was running like a mad-man with that mostly 2nd string o-line. Definitely got my attention, so I'm excited to hear he's doing well.

Morstead also said he was trying to be the Drew Brees of punters. That was my favorite quote.

Well, he better get busy with those Punter Challenges!!!

Pronto!

Can't wait to see those indoor videos of he and his kids kicking the ball around the living room...
:hihi:

Oh, Morstead - you should have Punted the ball at the snoballs! :covri:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom