Saints Training Camp Updates 8-2-22 (3 Viewers)

No doubt. That's what I want to know. I'm imagining this large human from parts unknown walking into the facility without even giving his name and demanding a helmet and pads. Then walking onto the practice field and throwing grown men around like it's nothing.

Maybe this is the guy we all hoped Walter Thomas would be. But since he's unknown we might never know. Hopefully he comes back tomorrow.

Who is this unknown D-Lineman he speaks of?

Scott Patchan, UDFA, Colorado St, 6-4 260. Raw but was often double teamed in college. Ryan Nielsen may be able to get him to a higher level.

EDIT: Here's the RAS. The measurables look pretty good. He was also one of the DL that POed Penning.

1659500607560.png

Last edited:
Scott Patchan, UDFA, Colorado St, 6-4 260. Raw but was often double teamed in college. Ryan Nielsen may be able to get him to a higher level.

EDIT: Here's the RAS. The measurables look pretty good. He was also one of the DL that POed Penning.

1659500607560.png
It certainly looks like he has some tools to work with. I was just reading about him and if my calculations are correct the dude spent 7 years in the collegiate ranks. 5 years at Miami and 2 years at Colorado State.

He was a big time recruit coming out of HS. Sounds like Miami didn't know where to play him.

Before CSU: Spent five years at the University of Miami, seeing time at tight end as a sophomore before moving back to defensive end as a junior ... Appeared in 30 games overall for the Hurricanes, including all 13 games in 2019 with six starts ... Posted 63 total tackles with 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks ... One forced fumble and a recovery to his credit at Miami ... Scored a touchdown when he returned a blocked punt 10 yards his junior season.

HS/Misc.: Earned a four-star rating from ESPN.com and Rivals.com ... Rated as the 19th-best defensive end in country by Rivals.com ... Comes from a loaded football family, as his father Matt played for Miami, winning national titles with the Canes in 1983 and 1987 ... His older brother Matt played for Florida and Boston College ... Choose Miami over offers from Florida State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State and UCLA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom