Saints Training Camp Updates 8-3-18 (1 Viewer)

Yea what you say is true. I just like what Hoomanawanui brings to the table when healthy.
Questions: How well do the tools know the offense
Does Drew trust them with the wrinkles in the red zone?

Maybe I’m overvaluing Hooman. I dunno

You aren't, I told rev on the show that there are times that Sean speaks about Hooman without being asked. He values him as a blocker that can handle a defensive end in pass protection and he's also a veteran.....yet that can only counts for so much and he's got two young guns nipping at his heels that are healthy and available as well.

As far as comfort and learning that's what TC is for...part of being a professional is making sure you now the offense and you are on the same page as the QB. So we can only hope that's part of their drive/process because if it's not they won't make the team but I think there will be more than enough options in the redzone that you don't have to force feed them something on their plate that they or your QB isn't comfy with.

On the long play to MT13 down the sideline against a busted zone, wouldn't that technically be a sack? Because Okafor get's around Armstead but runs right behind Drew because no contact?

WOW... Serious much? It wasn't an attack. Chill, brother. It was funny and it was intended to be funny. Whatever is wrong with you, chill it out. If you want something to complain about, learn to spell "the..."
I’m a legally blind guy typing on a phone. I’m lucky that’s the only word I misspelled.

And nothing is wrong with me. I’m simply not amused by someone making a snide comment about one Of our players. I find his comment to be unnecessary and not funny.

Last edited:
I’ve never understood the animosity, dislikes etc when I’ve merely pointed out a fact? Does anyone really believe I want Anzalone to be hurt? Or any Saint? This team has been my lifeblood for almost 40 years. Very strange.
Anyhow, Who Dat!

I’m a legally blind guy typing on a phone. I’m lucky that’s the only word I misspelled.

And nothing is wrong with he. I’m simply not amused by someone making a snide comment about one Of our players. I find his comment to be unnecessary and not funny.

I can empathize. Blind here too. Keratoconus.
Being that I know the struggle is real with a vision impairment, I wish you the best with yours.

Who Dat.

He's def opening up the door for Yelder to steal his spot and for Dan Arnold to end up on the Practice Squad(or stick as well and keep 4). He's only got 1 year left on his contract so the financial burden if he is indeed cut is slim. He's also likely to get picked up by anyone so he could end up being an on call veteran during the season. Would give him time to get healthy too. Early speculation but being in the cold tub aint helping anyone and Yelder is already a willing blocker that has more upside as a pass catcher than Hooman does.

Right now, Arnold is ahead of Yelder in terms of making the 53-man roster. Arnold actually flashed last year and has looked more solid than Yelder. Each day, he just does something to standout.

Okafor has had an outstanding camp thus far; he’s in the driver’s seat at RE.

Right now, Arnold is ahead of Yelder in terms of making the 53-man roster. Arnold actually flashed last year and has looked more solid than Yelder. Each day, he just does something to standout.

Okafor has had an outstanding camp thus far; he’s in the driver’s seat at RE.

I could see that...he's a legitimate receiving threat and well... finding TE Talent is hard enough as it is. If a guy is performing you likely keep him around and Arnold is doing just that. Appreciate the insight

It's the opposite. It's unfair to keep saying he will get hurt over and over again when he only had one injured season with the saints. At least wait until he gets injured if you are so certain, it's pretty stupid to keep talking how someone will get injured, especially when the guy is doing great at practice

I like his talent. I'm hopeful that his injury history is behind him, but I'm not a blind homer with my head in the sand. He may have only had one injured season with the Saints but it's on the heels of 2-3 with Florida. Dude has a track record. It would be more unusual for him not to get injured again than to stay healthy. That's not pessimistic it's reality.

I like his talent. I'm hopeful that his injury history is behind him, but I'm not a blind homer with my head in the sand. He may have only had one injured season with the Saints but it's on the heels of 2-3 with Florida. Dude has a track record. It would be more unusual for him not to get injured again than to stay healthy. That's not pessimistic it's reality.

Well said.
I have a close friend who is a huge Gators fan. Graduated Summa toss custard Laude from U of H but the rest of his family went to UF.....he’s the one who initially told me about Anzalone. That he LOVES his game but that he was ALWAYS injured at Florida. Hopefully those days are behind him now.

And nothing is wrong with me. I’m simply not amused by someone making a snide comment about one Of our players. I find his comment to be unnecessary and not funny.

Did you feel that way about Ellerbe? I remember tons of people on this board who would make similar jokes about him and no one got butthurt. Anzalone apparently is still in the honeymoon phase where he's beyond any kind of questioning (I wouldn't even call the comment criticism).

And again, I think he's going to be really good...if, he stays healthy.

Did you feel that way about Ellerbe? I remember tons of people on this board who would make similar jokes about him and no one got butthurt. Anzalone apparently is still in the honeymoon phase where he's beyond any kind of questioning (I wouldn't even call the comment criticism).

And again, I think he's going to be really good...if, he stays healthy.
Yep. I had the same stance with Ellerbe, as well as many others.

Last point in defense of the guy who made the Anzalone comment.

Anzalone's college and pro teams have played a combined 79 games including bowls and playoffs in his tenure. He's played in exactly 22 of them...

It's math. He has played in roughly 27 percent of games. Here's to him reversing the trend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom