Saints Training Camp Updates 8-3-22 (1 Viewer)

Once is a fluke and twice is lucky, three times is a trend. This is only his second year so I'm not ready to call anyone injury prone in their second year unless it was like their 4th injury. So far as I know, Turner had the one injury last year and now has this one. So for me it's still too early to call him injury prone.
But you’re not county college though? He’s been injured every single year in college as well… If we are not county college, I respectfully understand what you’re saying. However, what about Davenport? And is it so wrong for me tBut you’re not county college though? He’s been injured every single year in college as well… If we are not county college, I respectfully understand what you’re saying. However, what about Davenport?

I can definitely take the heat and get the negative votes with regards to calling Davenport an injury prone football player, please keep in mind I think he’s a great football player, but I think he is injury proned… Now, you can disagree with down votes, but at least be man enough to Rebuttal and give me your definition of what you consider an injury proned player is if you don’t agree with me

But you’re not county college though? He’s been injured every single year in college as well… If we are not county college, I respectfully understand what you’re saying. However, what about Davenport? And is it so wrong for me tBut you’re not county college though? He’s been injured every single year in college as well… If we are not county college, I respectfully understand what you’re saying. However, what about Davenport?
I don't watch college and it's a different animal from the NFL so yea I pretty much don't count it but you can if you want. It's just how I do things. Every year in college and now both years in the NFL is pretty much injury prone but we also just got Matt Rhea so I'm wanting to kind of start over with everyone. Having said that, Davenport is definitely injury prone but again, let's see how everyone does this year. Also, I don't count breaks like a broken arm or leg. You can't really do anything about that. Tears and things like that absolutely count.

I don't watch college and it's a different animal from the NFL so yea I pretty much don't count it but you can if you want. It's just how I do things. Every year in college and now both years in the NFL is pretty much injury prone but we also just got Matt Rhea so I'm wanting to kind of start over with everyone.
Sorry, I am using voice dictation on my phone as I’m driving LOL… Not the safest thing, you see, this is what I like…discussions… I completely respect a person’s opinion on calling a player injury prone versus not injury prone, I just want to know exactly what their definition is of that… And you have given me that, thank you.

But, not even discussing about Turner, just focusing on Davenport, why do you think people are down voting me for calling him injury prone?

do you think it’s because they don’t consider him one? And if so, and if they don’t consider him injury prone, what do you think their definition is?

Like whoever is likely to cost our team a game due to egregious personal fouls. The game is hard enough without having to overcome our own penalties.
Perhaps, or perhaps he will cause the defense to draw flags by retaliating (like CJGJ can draw out the raw side of his opponent).

Sorry, I am using voice dictation on my phone as I’m driving LOL… Not the safest thing, you see, this is what I like discussions… I completely respect a person’s opinion on calling a player injury prone versus not injury prone, I just want to know exactly what their definition is of that… And you have given me that, thank you.

But not even discussing about Turner, just focusing on Davenport, why do you think people are down voting me for calling him injury prone?

do you think it’s because they don’t consider him one? And if so, and if they don’t consider him injury prone, what do you think their definition is?
Was it this thread you got down voted on? It also could just be the way you worded it. I've down voted someone for the way they said something even though I might've agreed with most of it. The way you word something matters, or at least to me. I may get it wrong but I always try to say things properly with nothing being misconstrued.

Was it this thread you got down voted on? It also could just be the way you worded it. I've down voted someone for the way they said something even though I might've agreed with most of it. The way you word something matters, or at least to me. I may get it wrong but I always try to say things properly with nothing being misconstrued.

OK, I think I understand now, thank you. When people down vote, I just think it’s because they are disagreeing LOL not because of the way I’m wording it… Thank you again

To me, calling someone injury prone, it’s just someone who is prone to injury a lot of times, I don’t think that’s negative, I just call It as I see it…someone who often gets injured… I can’t understand why that’s negative

OK, I think I understand now, thank you. When people down vote, I just think it’s because they are disagreeing LOL not because of the way I’m wording it… Thank you again

To me, calling someone injury prone, it’s just someone who is prone to injury a lot of times, I don’t think that’s negative, I just call It as I see it…someone who often gets injured… I can’t understand why that’s negative
Well that's just me, it might not be the same for everyone. There might not be a lot of people that negative vote because of the way someone words something, they would have to give you a reason. I didn't find your Davenport being injury prone to be a bad take at all. I mean it's true right now, he's been injured every year. I'm just not sure on Payton Turner being injury prone yet and like I said before, I'm starting over with Matt Rhea. Let's see how this year goes and then we can see what's up with some of our guys. If Davenport can give us 15 games out of 17 this year I'd say that's a plus. I'd also say we probably would have a top 3 defense and might be 17-0 going into the playoffs.

Perhaps, or perhaps he will cause the defense to draw flags by retaliating (like CJGJ can draw out the raw side of his opponent).
True. But so far Penning seems to be the guy who keeps getting caught.
If he is cool enough to instigate a retaliation towards him... then so be it. :grin:

Once is a fluke and twice is lucky, three times is a trend. This is only his second year so I'm not ready to call anyone injury prone in their second year unless it was like their 4th injury. So far as I know, Turner had the one injury last year and now has this one. So for me it's still too early to call him injury prone.
Look at his college injury history and I think you will have a different perspective. When the Saints drafted him, they knew very well of hie injury history. The report on him was great physical skills, upward ability but injuries were the knock against him. They rolled the dice and thus far, craps have been rolled.

…what do you think nfl coaches do?

99% (low estimate) of college players are drafted/signed on POTENTIAL
Each and every team/coach assumes they’re going to add to or polish their game - especially a project like TP
I'm not talking about his playing. I'm talking about his attitude - his dawg.

Penning does need to ease up. If something like that happens in a real game, he would get sat down either by our own coaching staff (bad) or by the zebras (worse).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom