Saints Training Camp Updates 8-3-22 (1 Viewer)

Keep playing with that nasty attitude. Don’t let the soft mindset of some deter you.

Videos that I saw from today didn’t show him throwing the first punch, but I must admit I only watched one very briefly.

But also understand, there’s a line on game day. You can walk the line, but can’t cross it.

Wow. We need more to talk about. Guess arguing over Penning is better than a lot of other things that can happen in camp.

Personally I love the nastiness. I hope he rips JPPs other hand off and beats him with it
Wouldn't that be illegal use of the hand?

From what I could tell in the video, he owned Roach on the play and Roach got frustrated and took a swing with his right hand/arm at Penning. Penning then continued with his blocking on the paly and Roach took a few more swings, leading to Penning shoving Roach. Just my observation.
Where’s the video? I’ve been looking for it.

The predominant conclusion I’m reading is penning needs to chill… so far, I’ve see two times that Penning has blocked Gray and Turner and both guys took swings at him 1st but because of Pennings reputation, everyone has become his guidance counselor and advised Penning to chill.

I just don’t see it that way. He is blocking and hustling, other guys attacking him and he’s fighting back.

I guess he could laugh and walk away but right now, he’s asserting his dominance. So far, I saw JT Gray get a penalty and Turner get thrown out of the game if it were a live game. Don’t see how Penning needs to chill. Penning is proving he’s worth the pick.

I say keep going as long as he backs off in a game.

Where’s the video? I’ve been looking for it.

The predominant conclusion I’m reading is penning needs to chill… so far, I’ve see two times that Penning has blocked Gray and Turner and both guys took swings at him 1st but because of Pennings reputation, everyone has become his guidance counselor and advised Penning to chill.

I just don’t see it that way. He is blocking and hustling, other guys attacking him and he’s fighting back.

I guess he could laugh and walk away but right now, he’s asserting his dominance. So far, I saw JT Gray get a penalty and Turner get thrown out of the game if it were a live game. Don’t see how Penning needs to chill. Penning is proving he’s worth the pick.

I say keep going as long as he backs off in a game.
The problem has been… that Penning pushes plays right up until the whistle is blowing…

…if his opponent lets up the slightest before the last possible moment Penning gives them an extra shot!

Guys don’t like that… refs don’t like that… and Penning is on his way to becoming a problem.

The problem has been… that Penning pushes plays right up until the whistle is blowing…

…if his opponent lets up the slightest before the last possible moment Penning gives them an extra shot!

Guys don’t like that… refs don’t like that… and Penning is on his way to becoming a problem.
I don’t think you’re completely unfair… guys don’t like the hustle to the whistle..

But also, you’re telling me Penning should play less hard, not to the whistle?

Idk… I’d say, if you don’t like it fight harder and play him to the whistle.

I don’t think you’re completely unfair… guys don’t like the hustle to the whistle..

But also, you’re telling me Penning should play less hard, not to the whistle?

Idk… I’d say fight harder.
All he needs to do is to not retaliate, everything else is fine.

All he needs to do is to not retaliate, everything else is fine.
Feel like this should be a pretty closed and shut conclusion.

You don't escalate it. You wanna play hard to the whistle. Great. Do it. I love it so much that Penning is that way. You're gonna piss people off doing it.

But when you trying to throw punches or get the last shot off. Chill out dude. You already won. You got a helmet with a kiddy float on top of it for God sake.

What he gonna do? You want people to respect you? Then, stop trying to have pissing contest with rotational players and focus on your job. Then, you'll get respect.

Yes. I have watched a Saints game once or twice in the last 60+ years. Went to the first exhibition at Tulane stadium.

You don't happen to believe in extreme conspiracies and have an acute persecution complex? Maybe stats are a better metric than perception. Saints were 21st most penalized team in 2021. https://www.footballdb.com.

12th most since 2000.

Wow… that’s news to nearly ALL Old School Saints fans! 🤔
You certainly got a head start on the rest of us.

:gosaints:

Wow… that’s news to nearly ALL Old School Saints fans! 🤔
You certainly got a head start on the rest of us.

Well it was a very long time ago. Back then they had 6 preseason games. The Saints played Atlanta in preseason. I don’t think there were division rivals then.

Well it was a very long time ago. Back then they had 6 preseason games. The Saints played Atlanta in preseason. I don’t think there were division rivals then.
Uhhhh… I guess I need lessons in sarcasm and cynicism. I highlighted the “60+” years as a dig on the poster.

Saints don’t reach 60 years until 2026. 🤔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom