Saints Training Camp Updates 8-3-22 (1 Viewer)

The craziest thing is so far all the camp videos show that Penning isn't the one who swung first in every altercation. Dude needs to go to Chauncey's School of Professional Pestism and learn how to just walk away and let the other player get flagged and ejected.
He also needs to learn to flop, too

finesse wins you games.

nope
being coachable is part of each and every expectation for a player signed
we don't need a brandon browner on the oline - i'm not saying he is, i'm just saying your reasoning is a bit faulty
Then, you don't draft that guy. If you watched his college tape and thought he'd not do the same going forward, DO NOT DRAFT HIM.

Personally, he doesn't bother me at all.

You guys have no clue that boys just playing football look at the Turner video he didn't do nothing but his job and turner punched him in the face
We know that, but the problem is that he swung back.

He can't do that. We aren't absolving anyone for swinging 1st, but you and everyone knows... The 2nd person is always the one that gets caught. At LT... We can't afford those penalties... Or an ejection.

Penning has a very high IQ. He will not be a detriment in games. He will be much like CJGJ in games though and will highly likely draw penalties against his opponent.
I think he was very highly penalized in college.

From what I could tell in the video, he owned Roach on the play and Roach got frustrated and took a swing with his right hand/arm at Penning. Penning then continued with his blocking on the paly and Roach took a few more swings, leading to Penning shoving Roach. Just my observation.
Exactly......Penning is just pissing them off! Lets go!

From what I could tell in the video, he owned Roach on the play and Roach got frustrated and took a swing with his right hand/arm at Penning. Penning then continued with his blocking on the paly and Roach took a few more swings, leading to Penning shoving Roach. Just my observation.

Sounds like the defensive line is getting worked and they don't like it.

Lol so just put all the blame on him....
How about holding everyone accountable. I don't care about a rotational dline man.

I care about my LT that supposed to play 100% of the offensive snap not being able to hold his cool and ruin a game winning drive with a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and an ejection when he got caught retaliating.

Just my opinion.....I can defend both sides. Yes Penning needs to chill and tone down his over aggressiveness. Occasional fights happens and is acceptable. But 3 days in a row is a getting too much. He has to understand he is still a rookie. Needs to earn respect from other players first. He needs to concentrate more on his technique rather than showing off his aggression. Reading through some reporters notes, he still struggled on occasion.

But to be fair, I watched some of the videos and I see a guy who is trying to do his job (granted it is a little too much) and it frustrated some players. But a rookie coming in and having that confidence to compete everyday in camp is encouraging. Many rookies don't come with that kind of confidence. Look back at Andrus Peat rookie year. Wish some of that carry over to Peat sometimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom