Saints Training Camp Updates 8-6-22 (1 Viewer)

So, while Jameis is getting himself acclimated playing post surgery. Bobby would rave about Andy Dalton every practice untill about Tuesday when Winston started clicking.

He hasn't talked about the QB much since then.

@BayouSAINTJoe

Is that the jist of it?
Pretty much

Bobby had some sort of QB controversy BREWing in his head for a little bit.

If you think Hebert has something personal against Jameis, you haven’t been listening to WWL at all this off-season.
Exacty! Bobby has stated NUMEROUS times, there is NO comparison, or thought, about who the number one QB is. His main point has been, the Saints now have the benefit, with Dalton as a bonafide number 2 QB, instead of having to play QB roulette, should Jameis get injured (god forbid) again, or is hampered by his injury.

Hebert honestly assesses the practices of both, just as he and Detillier do with all other players. I don’t get the hook with some people, who are so opposed to having someone as Hebert, provide their honest assessment of players and how they have performed on a given day. It makes no sense.

The reality is, Winston has to perform at a competent level this year, if the Saints are going to make a run. There is ZERO chance, if the Saints have to default to Dalton, for a majority of the season, should Jameis get injured again, or is not fully recovered. Jameis has REAL bonafide WR’s this year as well. All he needs to do, is not lose games, with his penchant for throwing INT’s in the short to mid range throws. Just play smart. That is it.

H
Pretty much

Bobby had some sort of QB controversy BREWing in his head for a little bit.
He never did. And I am NOT a Hebert lover. Believe me. You can look back in a number of previous posts I have made, to see my opinion of Hebert and WWL 870 sports radio, in general. But I do enjoy their daily training camp updates/reports, between 4-6pm each day. Other then that, not a fan.

If only brodie could put it all together, he would be a legitimate weapon.
They say, it is because it appears he is always too quick with removing his eyes away from the throw and losing concentration (focus) on getting his hands on the ball and is more concentrated on turning upfield.

As a baseball coach in youth baseball, when a player was having difficulty in keeping his head steady and eyes concentrating on the pitch (pulling his head around) and swinging blindly, I would put an eye patch over his left, or right eye, depending on if he was a right handed/left handed hitter.

Not saying it will work for a receiver, or any football player, but I think it would be worth a shot, with all of his natural physical ability. 🤷‍♂️

Exacty! Bobby has stated NUMEROUS times, there is NO comparison, or thought, about who the number one QB is. His main point has been, the Saints now have the benefit, with Dalton as a bonafide number 2 QB, instead of having to play QB roulette, should Jameis get injured (god forbid) again, or is hampered by his injury.

Hebert honestly assesses the practices of both, just as he and Detillier do with all other players. I don’t get the hook with some people, who are so opposed to having someone as Hebert, provide their honest assessment of players and how they have performed on a given day. It makes no sense.

The reality is, Winston has to perform at a competent level this year, if the Saints are going to make a run. There is ZERO chance, if the Saints have to default to Dalton, for a majority of the season, should Jameis get injured again, or is not fully recovered. Jameis has REAL bonafide WR’s this year as well. All he needs to do, is not lose games, with his penchant for throwing INT’s in the short to mid range throws. Just play smart. That is it.
He doesn't have a penchant for throwing interceptions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom