Saints Training Camp Updates 8-9-22 (1 Viewer)

No real concern about the seriousness of the injury, but man, thats a lot of time to not be practicing with all these new WRs. I know all of these guys are pros but I'm sure even Winston would agree with how critical it is to spend as much time as possible understanding & familiarizing himself with specifics/tendencies/etc. of his offensive personnel and the cadence. I hope he at least gets to be out there taking mental reps. He's got a lot of weight on him this season.
It's a good thing he held those extra workouts over the summer.

Hyperbole much? JW2 has been QB1 for the Saints since the 2nd preseason game in last year's camp. Dude started 7 games for the team last year winning 5 of them.
This is year 3 for him in the system. It's not like he's a free agent coming from elsewhere suddenly being bestowed QB1 status for the Saints.

SFIAH
Right. So this is his first training camp as QB 1 (training camp ends before the first preseason game).

Not hyperbole. Just truth.

Right. So this is his first training camp as QB 1 (training camp ends before the first preseason game).

Not hyperbole. Just truth.
Sure about that? This is the Saints 2022 Training camp schedule

Shows practices all the way up to August 28th which is after the 3rd preseason game.

A much more coherent argument is that JW2 needs the reps because WR1,2, and 3 are all new to him. That makes much more sense.

SFIAH

At first glance... Steve's rocking a Mohawk? Go for it bro!
I’m assuming that he asked for that look. If not, that was a pretty cruel practical joke. :scratch:

I think Hill is still listed QB as well but I don't think he'd take any snaps even though he is still wearing a red jersey in which only the QBs wear..this was from the other day. (the forum doctors said he'd be out until November, he looks it!)

Hill1.jpg

He's wearing it as a non-contact jersey because of the rib injury, prior to the injury he had a regular jersey on like the rest of the non-QBs.

Sure about that? This is the Saints 2022 Training camp schedule

Shows practices all the way up to August 28th which is after the 3rd preseason game.

A much more coherent argument is that JW2 needs the reps because WR1,2, and 3 are all new to him. That makes much more sense.

SFIAH
Cool, sure.

Point is, it matters. So no, it’s not hyperbole.

I think Hill is still listed QB as well but I don't think he'd take any snaps even though he is still wearing a red jersey in which only the QBs wear..this was from the other day. (the forum doctors said he'd be out until November, he looks it!)

Hill1.jpg
It's a no contact jersey. He's still dealing with thr ribs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom