Saints Training Camp Updates, Day 15 - August 13th (1 Viewer)

The breakneck speed at which this forum has turned on Isaiah Foskey since Saturday after what has been, by all accounts, a promising offseason, is a bit eyebrow-raising.
Foskey has been floundering since he was drafted.

It’s like that we forget how solid he was the last 9 weeks. From Weeks 10 to 18, Carr led the NFL with a 72.4% completion percentage.

Then we forget that you could make an argument that no QB in the NFL was as good as Carr the final month of the season. In the last five games, four of which we won, Carr threw for 1,117 yards with 14 touchdowns to two interceptions and posted a 118.9 passer rating. In that span, he completed 74.8% of his passes.

I’m not a fan of some of his play for sure, and I understand he at times played with his eyes looking to check down bc our OL was atrocious early. But this dude isn’t nearly as bad as this fanbase likes to say on a lot of platforms.
And note he was on a new team learning a new offense.

It’s like that we forget how solid he was the last 9 weeks. From Weeks 10 to 18, Carr led the NFL with a 72.4% completion percentage.

Then we forget that you could make an argument that no QB in the NFL was as good as Carr the final month of the season. In the last five games, four of which we won, Carr threw for 1,117 yards with 14 touchdowns to two interceptions and posted a 118.9 passer rating. In that span, he completed 74.8% of his passes.

I’m not a fan of some of his play for sure, and I understand he at times played with his eyes looking to check down bc our OL was atrocious early. But this dude isn’t nearly as bad as this fanbase likes to say on a lot of platforms.
I been through some atrocious quarterback plays in my life time and Carr is definitely not one of them. A lot of fans still have Brees and Payton hangover.

The biggest difference I saw in Carr in the second half of the season was showing more trust in his receivers to make the play. He started throwing more contested balls and trusted his guys to come down with it. It seemed to make a big difference for Carr AND the receivers as far as their confidence in themselves and each other. If that carries over to this season with the new system, Carr may be in for his best season as a pro.

The biggest difference I saw in Carr in the second half of the season was showing more trust in his receivers to make the play. He started throwing more contested balls and trusted his guys to come down with it. It seemed to make a big difference for Carr AND the receivers as far as their confidence in themselves and each other. If that carries over to this season with the new system, Carr may be in for his best season as a pro.
Team chemistry started in the offseason but It did not really take shape until the second half of the season, but with so many moving parts in rebuilding a team there are a lot of moving parts and new pieces and we witnessed that transition last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom