Saints Transcripts: Coach Sean Payton, Demario Davis, Malcolm Roach conference calls | 2021 NFL Week 2 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1632196388896.png

NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton
Conference Call With New Orleans Media
Monday, September 20, 2021

Were there any areas after watching the film that stood out and alarmed you more than others?

"I think the number one area was in protection. Offensively, our communication and being able to handle some of the pressure looks we received from Carolina. There were just a number of things that we need to clean up. That would be the one thing that stood out. Secondly, the big pass plays we limited fairly well and yet we allowed run after the catch. The yards after receiving for Carolina was something that stood out. We didn't tackle as well in space as we had the week before. Overall in the kicking game, I thought we were solid there. We had a blocked field goal and we covered well. Offensively, there was really no rhythm there and that's something we will spend a lot of time on this week."

It was hard to tell from the tv broadcast, but how did you feel that the receivers were able to create separation?

"I don't know that the separation was more of a problem than having a chance to set and be protected. There were too many times free rusher, too many times when our communication wasn't on point. So I wouldn't look at that as the first thing."

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom