Saints transcripts: Dennis Allen and Pete Carmichael media availability | Friday, Oct. 22 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
vqkdw1feora0kzmagwax.png

New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen
Local Media Conference Call
Friday, October 22, 2021

What makes the Saints so good when battling adversity?

"I think it's the organization. So, number one is having talented players to have success. Our personnel guys have done a great job of collecting talented players. This league's a league of attrition and what I mean by that is that injuries are going to happen in this league. You are going to have to be able to have backup players that can go in and play significant snaps over the season. Getting the right players in the building's been critical and I think our personnel guys have done a great job with that. I think Sean (Payton) does a great job of creating the mindset of the team and understanding we have a job to do.

Our job is to go out and win football games regardless of what the circumstance may be. I think it's a credit to our assistant coaches who do a great job of developing these players on a daily basis. I saw where coach talked about this earlier in the week; we are constantly working to develop the players on our roster. If you are in the building and at practice with us, we're developing you to get ready to play in a game. The practice squad players are with us every day working with us to get better because you never know when your number is going to be called. With our culture, it starts at the top and through the assistant coaches, players and everybody. I think we all buy in to that. Honestly, that's life. In everything you do, if you're going to be successful, you're going to have to overcome obstacles. You can't allow things to get in your way to keep you from accomplishing what you set out to accomplish. There's a million excuses of why people in life can't have success.

There's a million exit doors for people to take the easy way out. The successful people are the ones that recognize the challenges and figure out solutions instead of an excuse of why they could not get it done."

Complete Transcripts - New Orleans Saints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom